When you're managing high volumes of visual assets through a Work-in-Progress (WIP) flow, it's important to diagram, document & analyze your creative production workflow so you can identify bottlenecks and begin to improve.
In this presentation you will learn:
- Assessing the workflow you have
- Finding points for improvement
- Tools to help you along the way (from point solutions to B2C software and enterprise DAM software)
Guest speaker: Brian R. Stuckey, Senior Product Manager @ globaledit.
Watch the full webinar here: http://bit.ly/1T53fo1
This slideshow is part of a "Creative Operations Essentials" webinar series brought to you by Globaledit, the online SaaS platform that empowers creative professionals to manage visual production at scale. You can CAPTURE, REVIEW, APPROVE, MARKUP, SHARE, ARCHIVE your digital files all within Globaledit.
More information about globaledit: www.globaledit.com
Fine-tuning your Creative Production Workflow -- Creative Operations Essentials
Brian R Stuckey!
Senior Product Manager!
Globaledit is the online SaaS platform that empowers
creative professionals to manage visual production at
CAPTURE. REVIEW. APPROVE. MARKUP. SHARE.
ARCHIVE. All within globaledit.!
• Mapping Your Process!
• Finding Points of Improvement!
• Implementing Change!
• Visualize a complex process!
• To clearly communicate it to all team members!
• It’s a way to help everyone understand the process
and to check if everyone has the same mental
• Inefﬁciencies and problems become obvious!
• Quickly spot patterns in usage!
• Great tool for training new employees!
• Basis for a company/team standard!
How to Map
• Take an asset-centric view of your process!
v Follow an image from camera to archive!
• Document each step and write down!
v What does each step do?!
v Who does it?!
v How are data passed between steps?!
v What tools get used?!
v How long does it take?!
from set go
Pen & Paper!
Take a holistic
• Whole process from capture to completion!
• Focus on throughput (reducing bottleneck impact),
not pain of any individual step!
• Expert Mode: A Linear Programming model can
help you optimize the entire system vs. individual
Keep it agile
• Team mindset of continuous improvement!
• Review impact of changes with your team
• Take on smaller units of work (or divide up larger
tasks in to smaller ones)!
Use the Scientiﬁc
1. Establish Baseline (the map)!
2. Make one change (bottleneck)!
3. Measure outcome (quantify)!
4. Compare to baseline !
5. Accept or reject change (update map)!
• Take on bite-sized changes!
• Measure your work!
• Update the workﬂow map!
• Keep a list of changes your team wants to make!
• Never stop making changes!