What is Science?
Lesson 1 Review
1. Christopher wanted to learn more about Ganymde, one of Jupiter's moon.
Which of the following sources of information would be Christophers best
A his friends
B a neighborhood survey
C a university's astronomy web page
D the local newspaper
2. Taylor made some observations and has a question she would like to
answer. What should Taylor do next?
A form an opinion
B analyze evidence
C draw conclusions and communicate results
D plan and conduct an investigation
3. Joseph wonders what kinds of birds live in his neighborhood. What skill will
Joseph use to investigate the variety of birds in his neighborhood?
4. Scientists conduct investigations. What is the main reason for scientific
A to practice doing experiments
B to learn about recent discoveries
C to demonstrate scientific procedures
D to answere questions about the natural world
5. Sometimes scientists replicate the research of other scientists. Which of the
following is the most likely reason scientists do this?
A to improve the research
B to verify that the work is accurate
C to win prizes for their work
D to form theories