A Site and Content Audit For You - Finding The Right Fit
A Site and Content Audit
for You – Finding
the Right Fit
There are a lot of organizations out
there willing to provide you with a
ready made site audit solution.
While the price may be right, the ﬁt
may not be. Before you pursue a site
audit, know what you want to
accomplish and ﬁnd someone who
understands your business and its
One Size Doesn’t Fit All
How Do You Measure Up?
Before you start looking outside for help
with an audit, take a few simple steps:
‣ Describe what you want to
accomplish with an audit, and
make sure any stakeholders agree.
‣ Know two or three speciﬁc
business goals of your
‣ Know who your core competitors
are right now.
Find The Right Tailor
Now you’re ready to bring in a third
party to discuss your business, your
goals, and how the audit is going
If It Fits, You’ll Use It
Every company is at a diﬀerent stage
of their life cycle and every company
has diﬀerent needs. The site and
content audit you use will be the one
that has been tailored for your
What to Look For in a
‣ Data in a format that is useful for
‣ Transparency about the origins of
‣ One or two pages of actionable
‣ An in-depth discussion and data
analysis meeting with the audit
Expect Quality Over Quantity
Data is data is data. It’s not the data
that matters, it’s what you do with it. So,
a 150 page data ﬁlled document is
probably not going to be as useful as it
While any audit begins with data, the
real value of an audit is in the results
and recommendations that the
The Emperor Has No
If an audit provider promises to give
you a full audit of all your title tags
and URLs and that’s all they’re going
to do, they aren’t providing you with
anything you don’t already have and
your audit won’t have any
The Finished Product
Once your audit is over, you should have
‣ Help you determine your future strategy.
‣ Address the needs of each of your
‣ Provide additional persona development.
‣ Include speciﬁc content creation.
‣ Oﬀer tips on improving your website.
‣ Supply technical advice to optimize your
brand on the web.
Be Prepared to Bare All
You can’t expect to get an expertly
tailored audit, if you aren’t willing to
reveal all the bumps and bulges in your
current marketing program. You know
you need to change the shape you’re in,
but you have to give good information to
get the recommendations you need to
make the change.
Be Ready to Reveal:
‣ Your current marketing problem(s).
‣ What’s not working.
‣ If you’re not driving enough traﬃc.
‣ If you’re not converting.
‣ What’s not converting.
Creating a Uniform
An audit may give you beneﬁts you
hadn’t considered. For instance, it
may help you to create more
uniform messages by getting
everyone on the same page. Your
brand and your team will see what’s
working best, how our campaigns
are performing, and what channels
are performing best.
The Look You’re Going For:
‣ Create the best possible content.
‣ Attract the best possible target audience.
‣ Identify the highest performing
‣ Understand the mediums that are
the best vehicles.
‣ Allocate better budgeting.
‣ Acquire better resources.
‣ Achieve higher ROI.
What Are the Latest
Your audit provider should be able to
understand not just your content, but
the competitive landscape in which it’s
placed. The performance of your
content could be inﬂuenced by a
general decline or shift in your industry.
What Do Your
Competitors Look Like?
On the other hand, perhaps your
competitors are performing better
because they’ve found an audience you
haven’t. Once the audit has identiﬁed new
audiences, you can decide if you want to
pursue that audience and try to
resegment them more in your favor.
Discover a New Look
When your audit is complete, you
may discover a new way of looking
at your marketing mix. At the very
least you can start oﬀ with all the
information about how your site,
your traﬃc, and your content
marketing are working for you.
Improve Your Wardrobe
‣ Make site and content improvements.
‣ Discover new competitors.
‣ Identify new topics.
‣ Recognize new things to pay attention
to in your industry.
‣ Set a baseline to measure against at
the end of next year.
If you’re ready to get started with a site and content audit, GinzaMetrics has the
tools and the expertise to get the data you need. We’ll conduct a thorough
review of your site and its content and provide you with the recommendations
and analysis you need.
Has the Right Tools