Funding your business using a crowd is not a novel idea anymore. However building "tribe" around your business, venture, goal can be even more an effective strategy. Here is some of the "whys" and "hows"
Build a tool to Crowdfund BETTER
Average campaign: IG: $3700, KS : $5000
Successful ones: 30% of the funding from friends and family, within few days
Perks: 9 Levels
Average duration: IG:47, KS: 29-41 days
Pre-launch 3 to 9 months, full time job
Should/Could/How do I?.....
Better Strategy through
Lessons learned from others
THE PRE LAUNCH
NOT THE CAMPAIGN …
10, 9, 8, 7 , 6.. and “Zero”..
Crowd Vs Tribe
• A Tribe is built on:
– Common Interests/Shared Goals
» Founder Vs Funder
– Engagement- Creative Process.
– Continuous Feedback- Action
– Emotional Connection
• Tribe stays with you during pre campaign, during the campaign
and post campaign.
• Tribe is built from backers, influencers and their social network
• Online tools available
Building A Tribe
Story & The
Finding My Tribe
InCrowd Vs OutCrowd aka Backers Vs Influencers
1. Alumni Associations
2. Company Events
3. Non Profits
4. Networking Associations (GPSEG, PSL….)
5. CrowdFunders (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, GoFundMe… Crowdcube, Fundable,
and Seedrs ) http://www.crowdcrux.com/10-best-kickstarter-alternatives/
6. Crowd Funding consultants
9. LinkedIn Groups (CrowdFunding, CrowdSourcing). Connect
14. Entrepreneurs. Schools (Temple, Drexel) fs
15. Crowdfunding Bloggers/Media
16. Other NCFRA (other crowdfunding association)
Would you share it?
Why, How, What, Why of Quality SM Sharing
the story- 3 Cs.
Convince Right brain
“Helping to build a tribe by
fostering Trust, empathy and emotional connection,
Integrity, transparency and collaboration resulting in
emotional and financial investment”
Once upon a time..
Failure is an option
– My Tribe will carry me even if my campaign is a
– It is a learning process.
– It is hard work, but fun
Funding Is Fun and Humane again
Human 2 Human
• Word of mouth
• Friends and Family