• Partners OK -- Solo OK
• Partners will create a two-part story using the
same characters and same storyline.
• If three, create a three-part story.
• Two minute maximum per film
– 1:30 minimum
What is a story?
• In a short story something must happen that
changes a person.
• Screenplays require
– Camera angles
Parameters – 7 Steps
Two characters are faced with a problem…
They must travel to a third character who will
help solve the problem.
End of movie.
1. At least one prop
2. Three characters minimum
3. Multiple character actions
4. Characters must walk in and out of one or more scenes
5. Frequent dialogue
6. Three background changes
7. Background music
8. Title Scene & End Scene
9. Somewhere, someone must say, “I am so hungry I could eat a crocodile
10. An animal appears somewhere and does something surprising
Content will be non-violent and age-appropriate; obnoxious is OK; strive to be
creative most of all.
Sample Story Lines
• Two boys who can’t get dates seek the advice of a
• A guitar player and drummer go in search of a
• Two adventurers seek the toenail of a cave beast,
but they need help.
• Mr Bread and Mrs. Peanut Butter do not know
how to make a sandwich, so they travel to the
Land of Jelly to speak with the king.
• A student cannot find his pencil.