Customer Service Nightmares
can be avoided
with 6 simple
but critical steps
CREATE A CLEAR
Make sure it is obvious how to
reach customer service directly via
• Chat or Instant Messaging
Have a clear process
not just for clients but
for customer service
reps (CSRs) too!
EASY ACCESS TO
Make sure CSRs can find the
correct information quickly
• Build a topic-based, structured
knowledge base that is easily
navigated by CSRs and customers.
I’ve reduced my call
time by 48 seconds
average since we
got this new KB
PROVIDE A PATH
Make sure your CSRs
• Know when to escalate
• Know when to disengage
• Know when to just…listen
process tables to
help CSRs know
when to escalate.
Send an confirmation email or letter
after every contact outlining the process
• Make this easy for CSRs
• Be sure to include details and next
Include links to helpful articles
in your knowledge base so
customers get familiar with it.
Check back in to make sure the
problem is truly resolved, ask…
• Did the solution work for you?
• Are there any other problems?
Don’t drop the ball.
When the problem is thoroughly resolved
• Have a process in place to ask
• Close the loop by providing ways
for CSRs to share solutions.
HOW CAN INFORMATION MAPPING HELP?
Call us today to learn
how we can help at
Our consultants provide services including:
• Structuring and building Knowledge Bases
• Creating Policies & Procedures to
streamline customer service processes
• Developing job aids to guide CSRs