THE HOUND OF THE
MR. SHERLOCK HOLMES
• THE BASKERVILLES
• MR. HOLMES
• WALKING STICK
• DOCTOR MORTIMER
• CHARLES BASKERVILLE
• BASKERVILLE HALL
• DARTMOOR CHRONICLE
• Why did Mortimer go to see Holmes?
• What did Dr. M. show Holmes and Watson?
• What did the first document contain?
• What did the second document contain?
What are the facts and doubts on Sir. Charles’
Where did he die?
Who were there when he died?
What was found near the path by the moor?
• What did the witness say?
• How did the testimonies differ?
• What did Holmes want to do?
• Why was Holmes worried about Henry
• SIMPLE SENTENCES
• FOCUS ON THE MAIN EVENTS AND LINK IDEAS
• MENTIONS PLACES, DATES OR BACKGROUNDS
THAT ARE IMPORTANT AND RELEVANT
• Dr. Mortimer went to look for Holmes at Baker
• because he wanted his opinion about
the death of his friend and patient, Charles
whose death seemed confusing.
• NOTICE THE CONNECTION OF IDEAS AND
SENTENCES IN THIS EXAMPLE
Over to you
• Carry out the worksheet. Then use the ideas
to write a new and improved version.