Be the first to like this
Event: How to Create a Child Theme, and Why You Shouldn't Fear Gutenberg (https://www.meetup.com/WordPress-Orlando/events/254464142)
Organizer: WordPress Orlando Meetup (https://www.meetup.com/WordPress-Orlando)
Date & Time: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Location: BIGEYE, 3203 Lawton Road, 2nd Floor, Orlando, FL 32803 (https://goo.gl/maps/mQkGUf4adLJ2)
"How to Choose the Right Theme & Customize It the Right Way (By Using a Child Theme)"
Presented by Geoff Myers, Digital Marketing Consultant & CEO of SimDex LLC
This presentation and subsequent group discussion is meant for both beginners of WordPress (“choosing the right theme”) and intermediate users of WordPress (“creating a child theme”).
Geoff will be covering the following subtopics:
• Where do I start when searching for a WordPress theme for my site? What are the best places to look for high-quality themes?
• What do I look for in a WordPress theme to determine whether it meets the highest technical quality standards? (hint: use Theme Check)
• Effective strategies and best practices for choosing a WordPress theme that will work for you in the short term and long run (i.e. how to save yourself frustration later on)
• Free themes versus paid themes: What’s the difference? Is it worth paying? Where should I go?
• How to create a Child Theme and add customizations without overwriting the original theme’s code (e.g. copying and editing CSS stylesheets and PHP templates from the original theme)