Be the first to like this
One of our most attended and discussed meetings of the year. Our Council members have assigned themselves an initiative from the November ballot to research, evaluate, present, and recommend a position for the SWCLC to adopt. Discussion on the pro's and con's of each proposition, along with who supports and who funds, is always a lively and illuminating review that takes us behind the simple (and sometimes misleading) title statement.
* What's the truth behind the $4 billion 'veterans' housing bill? (Prop 1)
* Who benefits from tax portability? (Prop 5)
* Should the gas tax be repealed? (Prop 6)
* Is it time to do away with daylight savings time? (Prop 7)
* Does rent control contribute to more affordable housing? Prop 10)