What is the Anode Rod on my water
heater and what does it do?
• There is a plug fitting screwed into the top of
your water heater.
• The Anode Rod is a solid metal rod made of
magnesium, aluminum , or zinc that is suspended
from the fitting in the top of the water heater.
• The sole purpose of these rods is to slowly
corrode away so your water heater does not
• You should have your Anode Rod checked every
Why does my toilet start running all by
• Your toilet runs on its own when it is in need
• There is a rubber flapper in the bottom of
your toilet tank that is supposed to stay closed
except when flushing.
• When your toilet runs, it means water is
slowly moving past that rubber stopper.
• Replacing the rubber flapper will solve this
My hot water takes forever to get to my
bathroom. Is there anything I can do?
• There are products available that will
significantly cut the time it takes for your hot
water to get to the bathroom.
• You can a small pump to your water heater
and a special valve under the sink that will be
able to provide hot water much quicker.
• This process is very easy and non invasive.
Are plumbing permits required when
changing a water heater?
• Yes, most municipalities require permits
to change a water heater.
• Water heaters are connected to gas and
electricity, and permits ensure that
proper technical and safety requirements
have been met.
Should water heaters be flushed and
• Flushing and draining your water heater on a
yearly basis will help promote longevity.
• Flushing your water heater helps improves
water quality and heating efficiency
• A clean water heater also decreases energy
consumption and cost.
Are instantaneous water heaters
adequate to heat an entire house?
• Instantaneous waters are compact and
only heat water as it is used.
• Because the water is made on demand,
instantaneous water heaters are only
adequate for those that do not require
much hot water.
General Plumbing can help you solve all
your plumbing problems and cut down on
your water and energy bills.
2001 7th Ave. N
Lake Worth, FL 33461