Be the first to like this
The real magic in any community comes from the people. Dawn will show you tools and techniques for performing network analysis to look at the people in your community along with the relationships between them. Why settle for boring numbers and line charts to describe your community when you can do cool visualizations that show how people connect within your open source community?
This talk will cover
* Principles of network analysis.
* Using tools like mlstats and others to pull data from your community and store it in a database.
* Running basic queries to extract the data needed for network analysis.
* Demonstrate techniques for doing network analysis.
* Show examples of visualizations.
The goal is for people to walk away with some basic techniques and tools that they can use to begin doing network analysis of their own and to make their metrics awesome.