● Apache Ant is a Java library and
command-line tool whose mission is to
drive processes described in build files
as targets and extension points
dependent upon each other.
● ANT stands for “Another Neat Tool”
● ANT evolved from the UNIX based build
utility called “MAKE”.
● Ant has Java Class like extensions
● Use of XML instead of Shell Scripts
● Each task is taken care by creating its object
● Platform Independent
● Maven, a Yiddish word meaning
accumulator of knowledge, was originally
started as an attempt to simplify the build
processes in the Jakarta Turbine project.
Apache Maven Goals
● Making the build process easy
● Providing a uniform build system
● Providing quality project information
● Providing guidelines for best practices
● Allowing transparent migration to new
● Convention over onfiguration