From 1-19 October 2012 MCI organised the Eleventh Conference of the Parties (COP11) on the Convention on Biological Diversity. Celebrated in Hyderabad and hosted by the Indian Ministry of the Environment and Forests, the event drew over 11,500 participants and featured over 900 sessions.
Key results of the sustainable event programme included:
• 91% of waste diverted from landfill
• 90% of catering sourced locally in India
• 493,600 250ml bottles of water saved
• 1791 gifts donated to children in need
• Over 80 NGO’s engaged with event