1. Conduct yourself in a
responsible manner at all times
in the laboratory.
2. Follow all written and verbal
3. Never work alone.
4. Do not touch anything until you
are instructed to do so.
5. Do not eat food, drink, or chew
8. NEVER fool around in the lab.
Horseplay, practical jokes, and
pranks are dangerous and
10. Keep aisles clear. Push your
chair under the desk when not in
16. Keep hands away from face,
eyes, mouth, and body while
using chemicals and preserved
22. If you have a medical condition,
notify your physician and notify
25. Dress properly during
labs. Long hair, dangling
jewerly, and loose baggy
clothing are a hazard.
They should be secure
Accidents and Injuries…
27.Report and any
breakage, etc) or
injury to the instructor.
Handling glassware and
40.Carry glass tubing,
pieces, in a vertical
How did you do?
• 10 RULES OF SCIENCE SAFETY (7 minutes).
• As you watch this video, write the TEN SAFETY RULES.