Having goals and a vision for your company that go beyond products and profits definitely provides a warmer image of your business that consumers will be more eager to engage with.There are the things we want our customers, employeesand shareholders to feel they can rely on us to provide. But it’s no good talking about values unless you canactually show people what they mean in reality, from day-today.
The second category of CSR involves putting together a plan to produce products or provide services that are in the best interests of society. These include things like using safe materials in design and manufacture, corporate environmental initiatives, and other factors such as job creation and economic development.The most successful corporate social responsibility programs integrate these two types of CSR together to show a true commitment to a cause. Max Life Insurance approach is a combination of the two.
Abhinav Rahul Corporate Vice President - Corporate Communications Max Life Insurance Corporate Social Responsibility 18th September 2013
Corporate Vice President - Corporate Communications
Max Life Insurance
Corporate Social Responsibility
18th September 2013
Social Responsibility is..
An organization’s obligation to
maximize its positive impact on
stakeholders and to minimize its
Includes legal, ethical, economic, and
Why is Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Important
It’s all about the bottom-line – People not Profit
CSR can influence economic, environmental and social factors
Why should businesses engage in CSR
• Stronger performance
• Enhanced employee relations and company culture
• Access to social opportunities
• Stronger relationships with communities and legal regulators
The benefits of an effective CSR approach to an organisation :
Draft CSR Rules under Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013
Will be made mandatory from the Financial Year 2014-15
CSR spending - 2% of the average net profit before tax made by the
company during every block of three years
CSR Committee to be in place
CSR initiatives to be reported in the Directors’ Report and the company’s
Types of CSR
1. Providing funding and resources for worthwhile social causes, such as
donating money or employee time to charities.
2. The second category of CSR involves putting together a plan to produce
products or provide services that are in the best interests of society.
These include things like using safe materials in design and
manufacture, corporate environmental initiatives, and other factors
such as job creation and economic development.
Max Life Insurance CSR initiatives
• Max Life Insurance CSR initiatives focuses on promoting health and well
being among the underprivileged
• Our concern for children and their future also leads us to care for the
environment and the world they will inherit with an endeavour to spread
awareness for protecting our environment.
Max Life Insurance - Immunisation programme
• We work closely with Max India Foundation, an independent social
service organisation of Max India Group.
• The immunisation programme covers vaccines like BCG, Hepatitis B
vaccine, Polio drops, DPT, D Tap, Measles vaccine, MMR, Typhoid, DT and
• Outcomes till date: 416 camps, 112 locations, 27,871 beneficiary children
Max Life Insurance – Artificial limbs and Polio caliper camps
• Max Life volunteers help create awareness, manage registration and
provide help during the week-long camp where the patients stay till the
time they could independently move
• Outcomes till date - 1,704 beneficiaries provided artificial limbs and polio
calipers in the various camps.
Max Life Insurance – Blood Donation Camps and other activities
• Blood Donation Camps across the country in various Max Life offices
• Joy Of Giving Week – celebrated in October. Third consecutive year of engaging
• Dariya Dili – Winter clothes collection drive held across NCR offices
• Collection drive for clothes, dry ration, utensils for calamity hit places
At a glance – Max India Group CSR initiatives
Surgeries for underprivileged
Permanent Health Centers
Artificial limbs & polio caliper camps
Health & environment awareness
Max Life Insurance – Future Direction
• Health check-up camps
• Artificial limbs and polio
• Blood donation
• Financial well-being
• Social well-being
• Physical well-being
• Community well-being