• Modern life and business has become easier thanks to the contribution(tohfe) of the Internet technology. however(buna baxmayarag) it was not created overnight.(gefleten) It took a long time until networks(sebeke) could be connected together. From here the Internet has had a tremendous(neheng) impact(tesir) all over the world.
• The foremost target(gabagcil hedef) of Internet has always been the communication. And Internet has excelled(otub kecmisdir) beyond(kenarinda) the expectations. Now we can communicate in a fraction(pay) of second with a person who is sitting in the other part of the world.
What is Internet? • Internet is such an important thing nowadays. Most of us use it every day whether to search for information, to find friends and even to buy groceries. (erzaglar)• The Internet is a global system of interconnected (elagelendirilen)computer networks that interchange( mubadile) data (melumat) by packet switching using the standardized Internet Protocol Suite(dest) (TCP/IP).
What is Communication?• Communication is the process of conveying(oturur) information from a sender to a receiver with the use of a medium in which the communicated information is understood by both sender and receiver. It is a process that allows people to exchange information by several methods.
What are the advantages incommunicating through the Internet?• . It has allowed people to correspond(uygun gelmek) with each other in faster, more efficient (effektiv), and often inexpensive(ucuz) ways.• We use email and instant messengers (ani elciler)to keep in touch with family members, friends, and perhaps even business associates.(partnyorlar)• sometimes we feel more comfortable conversing(danismag) with people when we can’t see or hear them.
• Email is readily available (memnuniyyetle mumkun)to anyone who has Internet access (giris)also. There are several free email providers, such as Yahoo! and Hotmail.
Using Symbols: Emoticons• The special characteristic of instant messengers is that you can use emoticons to express feelings and other actions. Emoticons are images that appear after the user has typed in a code.
Email Communication• Email communication is now used by thousands of people every day. They use it to send documents for business or school, to catch up(catmag) on the latest news with their friends and family, or to send pictures, jokes, and forwards.(ireli)• It is phenomenal, and it happens without the use of paper, pens, envelopes, and stamps• Most instant messengers are free, communicating with them not only fast, its also cheap!.
What are the disadvantages incommunicating through the Internet?1. Although there are many advantages to email, there are also several negative aspects too. While writing a letter can be as simple as picking up a pen and writing words on paper, composing an email can be much more complicated.Despite efforts by email providers to simplifyemail composition, still, writing an email can bea difficult task for the computer illiterate.
• For example:• John Smith: “My mother is one of those people who sees computers, specifically(xususile) internet knowledge, as a foreign language—a language she’d be able to survive without knowing, and therefore, she’s very reluctant(hevessiz) to learn. She recently broke down and got an email account so that she could keep in touch with my sister and me while we are away at school. It has taken numerous(coxlu) lessons from my sister, my father, and me to get her to the point where she understands just enough that she can write an email and reply to one”.
2. Besides the complication aspect, there areother cons to using email. While you can sendelectronic packages through email, such asattachments containing text or pictures, youcan’t send actual three dimensional(olculu)packages.
3. Another negative aspect of emails is receivingunwanted mail and attachments. Businesses cansend out junk(kohne kuruw) mail to you emailaccounts just like they send junk mail to yourmailboxes at home. Besides junk mail, you mayreceive forwards containing useless informationthat can waste your time, or you may receiveviruses through emails that can destroy the harddrive on your computer.
4. A very important con of email communicationis the possibility of being misunderstood.Because you cannot see or hear the person withwhom you are communicating and vice versa,there is a chance that something that is saidmay be misinterpreted(tehrif edilen). If, forexample, a friend sends you an email and sayssomething with sarcasm, you may not pick upon the sarcastic tone. This is because you can’thear their voice as they say it, and it can causearguments and hurt feelings.
5. When speaking on instant messengers, we arecut off (gacin) from those visual and audio cluesthat we usually rely so heavily on, often withoutthinking about it, in face-to-face conversations.6. As with email, it is possible to receive virusesthrough instant messengers. It is important tobe cautious(ehtiyatli) when people send youfiles over the instant messengers. Anytimesomeone sends you a file, think carefully beforeaccepting it.
Conclusion Netice• Despite(baxmayarag) certain cons of using email and instant messengers, both communication mediums are popular and convenient. Today, more and more people use email and instant messengers to communicate with each other. They give people the chance to correspond with one another in fast, cost effective ways.