SEO is way of analyzing your website and modifying to allow search engines read and index it more easily. SEO is all about maintaining and building websites that ranked highly on the major search engines.<br />
When it comes to the U.S. search engine market share, Google is the most dominant force, followed by Yahoo! and MSN. All other engines (AOL, Ask, etc.) make up the remainder of the industry.<br />
1)Title Tags<br />The page title is what most search engines will show on their search result pages. It is vital that you make extra effort into getting this right and it should not (only) be the websites name. <br /><title>Website Design and Development Development.</title> <br />2)Meta tags <br />Provides meta tag information in the context of search engine optimization. Describes the meta keywords tag, the meta description tag, and other meta tags, ...<br />
3)Heading Tags<br />Right after your page title your heading tags are of most importance. Search engines use them to define the importance of your keywords. If you find your heading tags too big and use css to define how they look. <br />
4)H tag structure <br />The structure of your website is very important for maintaining good search engine positions. Headings are quite possibly one of the most important elements ...<br /><h1>Most Important</h1> Also use <p> for par</p><br /><h2>Second Most Important</h2><br /><h3>Third Most Important</h3><br /><b>Keyword</b> <br /><strong>Keyword</strong><br />
5)Image Alt Tags and Names<br /><imgsrc="images/services-pic.jpg" width="100" height="78"ALT="XYZ company's website optimization services“><br />Search engines don’t just look at text they also take images into account. Try to Use Image Alt tags and name images using your main keyword. For the Example <br />Also u can give links – Title(alt tag) <br /><a title="Web Design and Web Development Company Chennai, India – MayuriInfomedia" href="http://www.mayuri.co.in"><br /><img src="images/logo.jpg" alt="Web Design and Web Development Company Chennai, India – MayuriInfomedia" width="98" height="57" border="0" longdesc="http://www.mayuri.co.in" /></a><br />
What is Anchor Text?<br />Anchor text is the visible hyperlinked text on the page. Let’s take this example:<br />“Please examine our SEO case studies for validation to evaluate our search engine optimization capabilities.” <br />Here the words “SEO case studies” and “search engine optimization” are hyper linked to the hidden URLs http://www.seorank.com/seo-casestudies.htm and www.seorank.com respectively. The words within the hyperlink, “SEO case studies” and “search engine optimization“, are called the anchor text. <br />
6)Keyword Analysis<br />Keyword analysis is one of most imparted in seo.<br />It will determine what your proper keywords or key phrases will be to get your website ranking at the top of search engines.<br />How to Keyword analysis :<br /> 1)Google Ad words<br /> or<br /> Keyword Suggestion<br /> 2) Keyword Density Analyzer<br /> 3)keyword frequency<br /> 4) keyword position(Rank)<br /> 5) Term Extraction Tool<br /> 6) Keyword Proximity Checker<br />
2)Keyword Density Analyzer<br />Keyword Density refers to the ratio (percentage) of keywords contained within the total number of index able words within a web page.<br />It recommend using a keyword density ratio in the range of 2 to 8%<br />http://rapid.searchmetrics.com/en/seo-tools/keyword-tools/keyword-density,18.html,result#r<br />
3. Keyword Frequency<br />Keyword Frequency refers to the number of times a keyword or keyword phrase appears within a web page.<br />I recommend that you ensure that the most important keyword or keyword phrase is the most frequently use keywords in a web page.<br />But be careful not to abuse the system by repeating the same keyword or keyword phrases over and over again.<br />
4) Keyword Position Checker<br />Search Engine Position Checkyour search engine positions on Google Search Engine. ... for the position of the desired website with the desired keywords. ...<br />Here some sample checking URL<br />http://www.twospots.com/keyword-position-checker/<br />http://www.searchenginegenie.com/yahoo-rank-checker.html<br />3) http://cuterank.net/( use Software link)<br />
Term Extractor<br />This tool analyzes the content of a given page and extracts the terms that appear to be targeted at search engines. It applies certain weights to HTML elements and other on-page factors to determine what it thinks is a targeted term.<br />or<br />The term extraction tool identifies the root subjects within a webpage. Essentially stripping out all the descriptive words and modifiers to show the root keyword phrases. <br />
7) Alexa Traffic Rank<br />Alexa is a very powerful tool used to rank web site traffic. Find out how your web site traffic stacks up against all your competitors! ...<br />8) Page Rank<br />
9)Duplicate Content Check<br />It is important to make certain that your site minimizes duplicate content and plagiarism as many search engines, including Google, can detect duplicate content and will penalize your site.<br />
10)Search Engine Index Checker<br />Check for the total number of pages of a specific website which are present on search engines.<br />
11) Back link Checker<br />A back link is a link from an external page (a different domain) to a page of your website. They are also called incoming links. Easy.<br />But what’s a back link's impact on Search Engine Optimization?<br />Back links tell search engines how popular your website is, giving them the information to rank your website (or a page from your website).<br />There are 2 different types of back links.<br />Internal link: links that starts with your domain name<br />External link: links that does not start with your domain nameEx: - your domain: example.com<br />- internal:<a href="/ example.com .html">View My Products</a><br />- external: <a href="http://www.yoursite.com/example.com .html ">Acme Inc.'s Products</a> <br />
12) Whois Domain Lookup ( Domain Age)<br />Domain Name: LINEFOCUS.COM<br />Creation Date: 07-Oct-2010<br />Expiration Date: 07-Oct-2011<br />So Domain age= less then 1 year<br />Domain servers in listed order:<br />ns1.365-server.comns2.365-server.com<br />Registrant:CreativelottusVinoth Kumar (email@example.com)48 reddy street villivakamChennaiTamil Nadu,600049<br />
13)Site validation <br />Does W3C compliance impact a site's search rankings? ... engine optimization (SEO), and you probably should be, validating your source code ...<br />
14)Link analysis<br />The link analysis display all internal and external links of a website with the corresponding anchor texts in a summary table.<br />
15) Google sitemap links<br />25 Basic Tips To Get Google Sitelinks<br />1. Submit Site’s URL : The first and foremost step is to submit your site’s URL to Google and as many search engines as possible.<br />RELATED : Submit Your Blog To Popular Search Engines<br />2. Google Webmaster : Use Google Webmaster Tools. It helps you to improve and understand your site, connect with visitors, and find answers to crawling. You can also check many SEO related issues about your site here.<br />3. Remove Broken Links : If you are using a WordPress blog, you can try Broken Link Checkerplugin or you can even try Google Webmaster. Removing broken links helps a lot.<br />4. HTML Errors : Since Google wants your site to be clean and tidy, you should remove all the HTML error tags and codes. You can try W3C HTML Validation Service.<br />http://hellboundbloggers.com/2010/03/13/25-basic-tips-to-get-google-sitelinks/<br />
16)Xml Sitemap<br />The Sitemaps protocol allows a webmaster to inform search engines about URLs on a website that are available for crawling. A<br /> Sitemap is an XML file that lists the URLs for a site. It allows webmasters to include additional information about each URL:<br />
Google, Yahoo, and MSN have all agreed to support one method of submitting a site's pages: through an XML map placed on the root of a website. Search engine sitemaps provide a quick and easy road map for crawlers to follow in order to locate and index each of the pages on your site.<br />
17)What is Robots.txt?<br />The robots exclusion protocol (REP), or robots.txt is a text file webmasters create to instruct robots (typically search engine robots) on how to crawl & index pages on their website.<br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robots_exclusion_standard<br />
This command invites the robots in. <br />Next, you tell the robots what to NOT index. <br />Examples include: <br />Disallow: /tag/ <br />Disallow: /feed/ <br />Disallow: /archives/ <br />Disallow: /category/ <br />Disallow: /trackback/ <br />Disallow: /wp-admin/ <br />Disallow: /*.js$ <br />Disallow: /*.inc$ <br />Disallow: /*.css$ <br />Disallow: */feed/ <br />Disallow: */trackback/ <br />Disallow: /category/ <br />Disallow: /page/ <br />Disallow: /pages/ <br />Disallow: /feed/ <br />Disallow: /feed <br />
17)Google Analytics<br />Google Analytics is the enterprise-class web analytics solution that gives you rich insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness. Powerful, flexible and easy-to-use features now let you see and analyze your traffic data in an entirely new way. With Google Analytics, you're more prepared to write better-targeted ads, strengthen your marketing initiatives and create higher converting websites.<br />
18) favicon:<br />A favicon (short for favorites icon), also known as a shortcut icon, website icon, URL icon, or bookmark icon is a 16×16 or 32×32 pixel square icon associated with a particular website or webpage. <br />Ex googlefavicon:<br />How to add<br /><link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="http://example.com/myicon.png"><br />
Redirects always inspire questions. Which type should I use? What will happen to all my links? Are they permanent or temporary? This week's info graphic illustrates the differences between 301 and 302 redirects.<br />
Off Page Optimization<br />Off Page Optimization is work that you undertake outside of<br />your website to improve your seo rankings and visibility for your<br />customer. Off Page Optimization is more focused on digital <br />marketing of your website over internet.<br />Off Page Optimization is more focused on link building work and<br />Social Media Marketing. Website should have more and more <br />back links from various quality website for seo ranking. Similarly <br />Social Media is very important tool to market website over the <br />internet.<br />
What are most important Methods for Off Page Optimization?Off Page Optimization is usually consist of different link building methods.<br />Directory Submission<br />Article Submission<br />Video Submission<br />Blog Creations<br />Blog Submission<br />Blog Commenting<br />Forum Posting<br />Social Bookmarking<br />Press Release<br />Forum Posting<br />Rss Feed Submission<br />Social Media Optimization<br />Classified submission<br />
1. Web Directory Submission- Submit your site to relevant categories of high ranked web directories.<br />In the SEO world, directory submission is the basic step taken by marketers to improve link popularity of a website. This can be done by the webmaster himself or he can outsource it to somebody who is good at this.<br />http://www.onewaytextlink.com/links.php?type=free&pagenum=1<br />
2) Article Submission- Submit your article in article directories like articlebase, goarticles etc. <br />Article submission is said to be one of the best ways to increase traffic in your website. This is one of the greatest ways by which you can back links to your site. Experts believe that article submission as an SEO technique is much better than link exchange and the use of link exchange websites<br />PR 7<br />www.thefreelibrary.comwww.articlesalley.com<br />PR 6<br />www.articlecity.comwww.ezinearticles.comwww.articlesbase.comwww.isnare.comwww.kabar-irian.com<br />PR 5<br />www.articlebiz.comwww.site-reference.comwww.articlealley.comwww.sooperarticles.comwww.parentsupersite.com3 more<br />PR 4<br />www.submityourarticle.comwww.premierdirectory.orgwww.my-articles.com20 more<br />PR 3<br />www.travelarticlelibrary.comwww.articlecompilation.comwww.a1-optimization.com/articleswww.adoptionarticlesdirectory.comwww.ad-matrix.netwww.article-idea.com45 more<br />PR 2<br />www.articlesxarticles.comwww.articleshowroom.comwww.articlesdb.netwww.articlesbin.com www.articlesbasecamp.comwww.thearticlerepublic.comwww.thatsmyniche.comwww.tarabiza.comwww.stupidarticles.comwww.stakoza.com66 more<br />PR 1<br />
3. Video Submission<br />One of the most recent trends today in building back links and driving traffic to a website is video submission<br /> This process has of late become very popular among the savvy internet marketers as its easy to get started with it. Video submission is a process where you create a video which can be purely text based or containing a power point presentation and sound and then uploading and submitting this video to video submission sites. The video you create can contain a description of your products or service offerings, new launches, or any other matter that is appealing and can drive more traffic to your site<br />Advantages of Video Submission Some of the key benefits of the video submission process are: <br /> <br /><ul><li>It helps in getting more traffic to your website.
It helps in building more back links for your site.
Search engines give more weight age to videos.</li></li></ul><li>
4.Blog Creations<br />Blogging is very useful to get traffic on your website and also for sharing news about your website to business related industries over the internet. Through blogging you can also increase your website’s back links. If you have created blog on your website’s server then you can also increase the pages of your websites.<br />
5.Blog Submission? <br />You have a blog and you are good blog poster as well as your writing are so strong that people would like visit and read these posts, but you have not enough readers and blog popularity, here comes the need of Blog Submission services. Having blog listed in various blog directories provide you direct traffic as well as keyword ranking in Google which generate natural traffic towards your blog!<br />
6. Blog Commenting- There is absolutely nothing wrong with earning a link from a blog post you decide to comment on. In fact, if you comment often on blogs, it is a good way to increase the amount of inbound links pointing to your site’s pages.<br /><ul><li>It can help establish relationships between other bloggers. By visiting different sites, and leaving quality messages, you can relationships with other bloggers and a regular interaction can be established.
It also offers a great opportunity for the blogger to promote, his or her, own blog. Within the comments, links can be embedded, and these links work indirect advertisements or invitations. You can expect readers of that particular site to pop into your site. Hopefully, they will like what hall welcome them, and they will be your regular readers too.
It can help increase traffic into your site. Increased traffic will translate to different things. It will translate to income from advertisement and increased sales, and it can translate to high ranks in search engine listings and blog popularity. </li></li></ul><li>7. Forum Posting<br />Posting your content in forums is simply a great way to promote your website and business. Most of the internet surfers visit topic related forums, read other people’s posts and love to respond accordingly. You have 2 basic ways to get exposure in forums through:<br />Your Signature<br />Upon sign-up, the member usually is requested to choose a nickname and a signature. It is really smart to use that opportunity and have your website's URL included in your signature. You may even use your nickname and associate it with your domain, or the topic of your website.<br />Your Posts<br />If you manage to write interesting things and write as often as possible, you become one of the highly reputable members. Thanks to the quality and quantity of your posts, you will attract attention to your website as well.<br />Note that advertising is not allowed in most forums. Unless you want to be banned, or the forum rules allow it, you better not try openly advertise your website.<br />
8. Press Release. <br />Press releases are nothing but a method to dispatch news related to your company. It can be about anything and everything, and is an excellent way to promote your company website. Write good press releases and publish them properly for SEO, is a common trick followed by SEO Company across the globe.<br />Key Features<br /><ul><li>Press Release is optimized and is Search engine friendly.
Include high resolution image / picture in your press release.
Professionally written Press Release up to 500 words in a newsworthy format.
Press releases will be based on your product and service.
All Press release written will be approved for 100% satisfaction.
Fast and accurate service.</li></ul>Advantage of Press Release<br />Boosts your site's Ranking in Search Engines.<br />Drives targeted traffic to your website.<br />Increases one-way valid back links to your website.<br />Increases your product sales.<br />Helps to get your pages crawled easily by major search engines.<br />Ultimately, a press release will increase your link popularity, traffic and sales!<br />
9. Social bookmarking<br />Social Bookmarking is a trustworthy, quick and easy way to get recognition for your website. First seo experts submit websites in Search Engines, Directory submission and Article submission but now a days seo experts believe and trust submitting your website in Social Bookmarking. Now a days Social Bookmarking is popular way to find & search information on internet<br />In a social bookmarking system, users save links to web pages that they want to remember and/or share. These bookmarks are usually public, and can be saved privately, shared only with specified people or groups, shared only inside certain networks, or another combination of public and private domains. The allowed people can usually view these bookmarks chronologically, by category or tags, or via a search engine<br />
10. Social Media<br />Social media related website like digg,twitter etc is good website for taking initial traffic on any website. Social media optimization is a technique for indexing any website in search engine and promote website in his social network.<br />
what different between social media vs social bookmarking<br />SMO<br />SBO<br />Yes, they're completely different. Social bookmarking is something like Digg, Propeller, Delicious - it's literally a site where you allow public access to sites you've bookmarked. Stumble upon is another one - again - it's about sharing sites that you like with other people. Social networking, on the other hand, are sites like Face book, MySpace and Twitter - sites where people engage with each other, build up networks of friends. Many of the social bookmarking sites do have a networking element, in that you build up networks of friends and followers, but their primary function is sharing sites, or pages or articles from websites.<br />
Classified submission<br />Classified submission is very important for webmasters as it serves various purposes. With the help of classified submission service, you can display your requirement to the outside world. <br />Unlike other forms of advertising, classified submission is quite cheap and effective in yielding desirable effects. Under classified submission, one can submit his classifieds over the net. This helps in two ways. First it helps in marketing your product or service and second it helps in making your site visible with the help of link posted under classified submission. There classified submission is also important as an SEO tool that helps in popularizing a website.<br />
What is RSS?<br />RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it. <br />Why RSS? Benefits and Reasons for using RSS<br />RSS solves a problem for people who regularly use the web. It allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content from the sites you are interested in. You save time by not needing to visit each site individually. You ensure your privacy, by not needing to join each site's email newsletter. The number of sites offering RSS feeds is growing rapidly and includes big names like Yahoo News. <br />How to create RSS feed<br />
Why ‘RSS Submission’ is So Important<br />Over the years, RSS has been widely used to run auto blogs, read blogs, get updates and much more. Many web developers out there still don’t submit their RSS feeds to popular submission websites.<br />RSS feeds contain all your blogs posts and links to each of them. Submitting them to a website that lists the feeds on its pages will rapidly increase your ranking in search engines and improve how fast your sites pages are picked up by the search engines robots.<br />http://www.famousbloggers.net/rss-feed-submission.html<br />http://www.xul.fr/en-xml-rss.html#example<br />
Search engine results aren't realized simply from optimizing your website anymore. Gaining an understanding of the multi-channel nature of the Internet is key to successful online marketing campaigns.<br />