University of Redlands
- University of Redlands is a small, private
liberal arts college in Southern California.
- Tuition/Room and board is $59,000 per year.
- Enrollment is 5,000 students.
- It is well known for its Business school and
- You can also “Create your own Major” and
combine areas of interest that fascinate you.
The Structure of American Colleges
- You must take general education
requirements or Liberal Art Foundations
- The reason: to have a well rounded
education and to experience different
- You must achieve at least 128 credits to
- Schools are either semester based or
quarter system based.
- Most schools start and end like this:
September-December (Fall 1st semester)
January-May (Spring 2nd semester)
-There is also summer or winter schools if you
want to take more credits.
Involvement and Social Life
-Fraternities and Sororities
(is an organized society of men and women associated together in an environment of companionship
and brotherhood dedicated to the intellectual, physical, moral, religious, and/or social development of
-Different Clubs (ex: Meditation, Environment,
-Part Time Jobs (minimum wage is at $9.00)
-On campus dances and concerts
A day in the life of Nina…..
7:30-8:00 AM: Wake up
8:30 AM: Eat breakfast and study for class
9:30-11:00 AM: Go to class
12:00 PM: Eat lunch in the cafeteria
1:00-2:20 PM: Go to class
2:30-3:50 PM: Go to class
4:00-6:00 PM: Dance Practice
6:00-9:00 PM: Get dinner then go to my part time job
9:00-12:00 AM: Study
1:00 AM: Sleep
-Professors expect at least 12 hours per week
of studying for each 4 credit class.
-This includes preparation for homework
assignments, quizzes, tests, presentations,
papers, midterm exam and final exam.
Minute Paper Questions
1) What did you learn from my presentation?
2) What are some differences or similarities
that you found in comparison with your college