• It refers to the period of time when a person can not
acquire language or it turns more dificult than in
• There is a biological timetable in all human being to
acquire a first or second language.
• According to some authors the most critical point for
a second language occurs around puberty.
• Lateralization is when certain functions of the brain are a asigned to
the left or right hemisphere of the brain.
• In the left hemisphere are located the intellectual, logical and analytic
• In the right hemisphere is located the function related to emotional
and social needs.
• Functions related to language appear mostly in the left hemisphere.
• Lateralitation starts around the age of two and is completed around
• The plasticity of the brain helps children before puberty to a acquire
first and second language.
• Human cognitition develops rapidly through the first sixteen years of life.
• Different from children and teenagers adults acuire second language by grammatical explanations and
• Lenguaje interacts with cognitiion to achieve equilibrium.
AFFECTIVE CONSIDERATIONS: Affective factors are related to the age of language acquisition.
• language ego
• Second identity
• Peer presure
• Bilingualism: learning two languages at the same time.
• There exist the code-switch of language.
• Bilingual speakers have one meaning with two languages in operation.
• Both languges are acquired slower tha learning just one.
• Bilingual children have a greater mental flexibility.
• It is when the first language is used as an aid when
talking in the second language.
• In children the interference doesn’t appear as a marked
• In adults, due to the difference in the acquisition of
second language (grammar, linguistic rules and
environment) the interference is notably in some cases to
• The use of the first language can be interpreted as a
facilitating factor more than an interference.
• Lenguage es linked to the human thought.
• Lenguaje helps to shape thinking and thinking helps to
• Speaker must distinguish thoughts and concepts on the
second language which can be in some cases be similar
to the first language which can convey a new system of