INTRODUCTION:• What is ICT infrastructure?~the ICT infrastructure is an overall name usedto describe all the computer andcommunications hardware and software as wellas network connectivity.
• This ICT infrastructure is very useful and beneficial in education context especially for teaching and learning purposes.• This is proven in Samuel & Zaitun’s study (2007) which stated that ICT tools can indeed assist students in acquiring English Language competency as well as enhance the quality of the learning experience.
BUDGET LACK OF ISSUED ACCESSIBILITYCOMPUTERMAINTANACE
1. BUDGET• According to a report by the Global E-school and Communities Inniative (2009), budget only consider the immediate cost and seldom if ever, consider the long term costs of purchasing, deploying and maintaining ICT’s• The cost for replacement and maintenance are often ignored.
2. LACK OF ACCESSIBILITY• lack of access to resources, including internet access, is another complex barrier that discourages teachers from integrating new technologies into education• Empirica’s (2006) European study found that lack of access is the largest barrier and that different barriers to using ICT in teaching were reported by teachers.
• Another problem is : lack of computer- computer had to book earlier and teacher had to fight each other to use the computer• In addition, poor organisation of resources, poor quality hardware, inappropriate software, or lack of personal access for teachers also will be the problem (Becta, 2004).
3. COMPUTER MAINTANANCE• Not enough computer provided in school• Many computers were not function well• Again, do not have budget to repair the broken computer• If the computer broke, nobody wants to responsible
SOLUTIONS:1. The school leader~It means that if school leaders has theknowledge how to manage the budget, theycould explore cost saving for continuing,replacing or buying software, hardware and alsoservices.
2. The ministry of education~could cooperate with the other parties such asnon government to collect fund for ICTs ineducation
• According to Andrada and Abcede (2002), the Philippine’s government collaborated with the non-government and corporate party to collect a fund in realizing the dream to widespread the internet coverage to public secondary schools in Philippine. So, with the fund collected, it is possible to make sure that the teachers and students are able to access internet during teaching and learning process.
3. The government:~should thinking of widen the free distributionof 1Malaysia notebook to all students inMalaysia. By doing that, each students can bringtheir own notebook to school and enjoy theteaching and learning process which acquirethem to use ICT
CONCLUSION:• the role of ICT can influence teaching and learning process. Poor technical support would make negative impact on educator’s desire to integrate ICT tools in teaching.
• We hope, this obstacle could be overcome in future. So that, we as a future have opportunities to improvise our teaching skills and make teaching and learning become more meaningful with the help of ICT tools