Business Agility – beyond Agile
Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
Working software over comprehensive documentation
Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
Responding to change over following a plan
We are uncovering better ways of developing
software by doing it and helping others do it.
Through this work we have come to value:
On Leadership & complexity
Radical new leadership
Seven principles of Radical management(*)
1. The goal of work is to delight clients.
2. Work is conducted in self-organizing teams.
3. Teams operate in client-driven iterations.
4. Each iteration delivers value to clients.
5. Managers foster radical transparency.
6. Managers nurture continuous self-improvement.
7. Managers communicating interactively through stories, questions and conversations.
(*) The Leader’s Guide to Radical Management, Stephen Denning
is a biological phenomenon whereby a beneficial
effect (improved health, stress tolerance, growth or
longevity) results from exposure to low doses of an
agent that is otherwise toxic or lethal when given at
To become antifragile,… …it is better to develop ability for
agilty instead of investing in better
Developing agility is
transforming the organization
to gain from complexity.
TEAM of TEAMS
Mindset, method, tools
* ( cc - 2015, the Agile Transformation Approach (ATAp) designed by Franky Redant)
Foundations, goals, principles
Teal Team = Transformation Team
Blue teams = management teams
Green teams = operational teams (dev-ops)
Assessment of Agility
Assessment, readiness criteria
is the ability to gain from