* Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia.
* It has 1.600.000 inhabitants.
* The largest Metropolitan city of the
* It was Olympic city in 1992.
* It has become a world reference in
culture, gastronomy, tourism
, economy, fashion and arts .
* What can you see in Barcelona?
* La Sagrada Família means: The Holly
* It was designed by the Catalan
architect Antoni Gaudí.
* Gaudí was inspired by the nature
when he build the basilic. The
columns inside look like a forest of
* Different moments of the Bible are
shown around and inside the church.
* Considered UNESCO world heritage
We are on excursion in La
Sagrada Família and
Güell Park, the mosaic style of Antoni Gaudí is amazing The
Maritime zone of Barcelona where we can find this famous
sculpture of the Catalan artist Antoni Miró. Two interesting
sites of the citiy, where art and beauty live together.
* The pure beauty of the beaches ,
the green trees touching the sea
and the transparent waters. One
of the best touristic places in the
A group of seven
L’Estartit in Costa
The Medes Islands
are today one of
flora and fauna
reserves in the
well as being a
Taüll is a
church. It is a
* The artwork inside the
church include the
famous mural paintings
by the Master of
Taüll as well as the
wooden altar frontal.
These works of art
aspects of Christianity.
The most famous
fresco, of Christ in
* The Roman
* Berà Arch.
It stands on the line
of what was the Via
Augusta, now the N340 road
Tarragona is a city with thousands of
years of history. Ancient
Tarraco, founded by the
Romans, was one of the most
important cities in the
Mediterranean. This impressive
Roman legacy has been declared a
World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
* Montserrat (Serrated Mountain) is the spiritual
heart of Catalonia .
* Thousands of years ago it was under the sea.
* The monastery called Monestir de Montserrat was
founded in 1025 to commemorate numerous
visions of the Virgin Mary.
* Today it houses a community of about 80 monks,
and pilgrims come to venerate La Moreneta (the
Black Virgin) because of its black skin.
* Many girls and women in Catalonia are called
The choir ( at the top right corner )
and the Virgin called “La Moreneta” ( Black skin)
*On excursion in Montserrat