Be the first to like this
When first starting out, it's easy to get wrapped up in the process and ceremonies of agile (in the case of this session, scrum) and lose sight of the principles that make it so effective.
I have learnt the hard way how agile and in particular the focus of the Manifesto can be truly transformative when applied to leadership, putting the customer first, stakeholder management and managing customer expectations.
In this interactive session, You will hear about the lessons I learned when I started out as a new product owner and my journey as a digital leader introducing agile into a traditionally waterfall based public sector organisation.
The session will focus on:
- the differences between team leadership and management - how product owners need to think differently to get the best from their team
- the pain of taking shortcuts - how product owners can damage team velocity and quality
- stakeholder expectation - the challenges product owners face when offering a never ending backlog and ever changing requirements
- customer engagement - stakeholders and customers are busy people; how customer representation by the product owner will only go so far
- communication and negotiation - how organisational culture, politics, silo working and disengagement all mean product owners need to be superhero negotiators, communicators, and influencers