2. Fotostrasse is a medium to show that there is more to see
than the beaten path. We explore the city where we live in
search of cool things to do and, sometimes, we go beyond our
subway lines and see the world.
3. Our blog is our new baby. It started in the end of january
2014 in a way to celebrate our first year of Fotostrasse. We
needed more ways of showing the world what we were seeing
and this felt like the best way to do it.
We started Fotostrasse back in january 2013. We started
doing what we like to call “photo safari”, where we took our
cameras to see different parts of Berlin. Some people joined us
and things got bigger and better.
4. Our blog was born from the need to tell the world about all
the places we were going. This way we could expand our
discoveries to whoever was planning to visit Berlin and the
others cities we have been and will be.
Fotostrasse started as a way of exploring the city we
decided to call home. Our goal was to see and show that
there is life in Berlin outside the Ring Bahn.
6. On our blog, between November and early December
2014, we had a little more than 34.000 unique visitors.
With an average of 2,28 pages by visit, accounting with
more than 77.000 monthly pageviews.
7. Facebook is our main social network tool to gather people
around what we do and we use it to schedule and keep
track of our events. We have almost 1600 active fans and our
interaction with them is way above the average.
Foursquare is out big bet right now because we see it as
one of the best tools to use while travelling. There we are
posting tips from the places we love in Berlin and on our trips
around the world.
8. Instagram is a tool that we have been using for a few
months to show the world the pictures that we take on our
trips and our “photo safaris”.
We have been using Twitter for a few months and, we love
how people interact with us. We mainly use the website as a
way of expanding the audience from our posts on facebook and
10. In january 2014, we were invited to Sweden to cover the
opening ceremony of Umeå as the European Capital of
Culture. This was the starting point of a new phase to
Fotostrasse outside Berlin.
11. In april of 2014, another country invited us to help them
with their tourism campaign, this time it was Italy with the
#WeAreInPuglia social media events in Berlin and travelling
through south of Italy.
12. From that we passed through good times in Dresden working
together with the tourism board of the city and GoEuro. And a
little later, we were to Poland by the City of Poznan.
13. September was when we went to Finland for #TravelHouse-
Porvoo. We have to say it was one of our favorite trips of the
year. Finland is beautiful and we are looking forward to get
14. In october, we packed our bags and went to the Philippines
after winning the #BigBlogX campaign as the most voted
blog from Europe. HI Hostels was responsible for taking care of
15. Now we are part of the Nordic Bloggers Experience and we’ll
be back in Scandinavia for this next winter. And we are looking
forward to another winter close to the Artic!
16. In between all this travel assigments, we manage to find time
to visit Austria, Slovakia and Brazil. And we already have plans
for 2015 with France and Spain already scheduled.
17. Felipe Tofani is an art director and visual designer who likes to
explore Berlin by foot and see what is happening in the city he
decided to call home.
But, who is behind Fotostrasse? Marcela Faé is a fashion
and beauty photographer that grew up in Brazil and decided to
call Berlin home in the beggining of 2012 with her husband and