29. Libraries are an
oasis for searching
souls and hungry,
of living waters.
of spiritual food,
can renew your
transform your life
and direct your
47. Books are precious and valuable.
They need to be protected from dust, dirt, damp and damage.
Therefore, we must take special care
as stewards of God’s Kingdom
to preserve these precious resources
for future generations.
56. Many times, I spent
lunch breaks at school
reading in the library.
When I was growing up
I would walk to the
library at least once a
week and take out the
maximum number of
books allowed, four at a
57. By age 12,
I had left
books and was
books from the
adult section of
58. I remember the librarian peering at me over her glasses and
asking in an interrogatory tone: “You do know that these books
are meant to be read?” “Yes, ma’am!” I responded. “Have you
read all these books in the last week?” “Yes, ma’am, I have.”
59. She looked at me with a skeptical gaze and then at the
titles of the history books, or wildlife books
which I tended to check out.
“How old are you boy?”
“Twelve years old ma’am!”
“And you read these books?”
61. One of the first tasks that I was given when I joined Hospital
Christian Fellowship (HCF) was to sort out their library. I was
taken into a large room with empty shelves on against every wall.
A large pile of boxes of books was in the centre of the room and I
was told to organise the library. This was a task that I relished.
62. My previous employment, before joining HCF, was organising the
books at Oxford University Press in downtown Cape Town.
63. That involved moving mountains of books and arranging over
22,000 titles, in categories and alphabetically.
65. It has been a privilege to donate thousands of my own books for
our Libraries for Pastors, Textbooks for Teachers and Books for
College and School Libraries projects.
78. Our Literature4Africa (L4A) ministry donates an average of
100 tonnes of Bibles, books and Sunday school materials to
pastors, teachers, chaplains, Evangelists, schools and college
libraries throughout Africa each year.
83. You can view our Literature4Africa Shipment Offload video online.
88. To aid parents to home educate their children,
we launched Christian Liberty Books over 25 years ago.
CLB has over 5000 titles available.
94. To aid parents to home educate their children, we launched
Christian Liberty Books over 25 years ago. It has over 5000
titles available. You can view our Christian Liberty Books
bookshop video tour online.
108. “Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes
and I shall keep it to the end.
Give me understanding and I shall keep Your Law;
indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
for I delight in it.
Incline my heart to Your testimonies
and not to covetousness...
109. Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things
and revive me in Your way.
Establish Your Word to Your servant,
who is devoted to fearing You.
Turn away my reproach which I dread,
for Your judgments are good.
Behold, I long for Your precepts;
revive me in Your righteousness.”