The talk focused on "Nutritional Interventions in Autoimmune Diseases (AD)", the subject being hotly debated and fast progressions taking place. Established guidelines incorporate these findings increasingly as the topic gains prominence in disease prevention/ modification and are of interest to any healthcare professional.
The presentation includes:
- A brief overview of the prevalence and cost of AD,
- Problems with current treatment approaches,
- A short overview of the genesis of AD
- The role our environment (incl. our food) plays
- Finally a solution suggesting an oligoantigenic elimination diet
- A "Paleo Autoimmune Protocol" is proposed and some clinical practice insights are given.
Thanks very much to everybody who attended the talk. I am looking forward to receive your questions, concerns and feedback!