Mobile apps have brought a whole new set of challenges when it comes to testing: Fast paced development cycles with multiple releases per week, multiple app technologies and development platforms to support, tons of devices and form factors, and additional pressure from enterprise and consumers less patient with low quality apps. With these new challenges, come a new set of mistakes testers can make!
Fred has worked with dozens of mobile test teams to help them avoid common traps when building test automation for mobile apps and would like to share some best practices that could be useful to a lot of developers and testers starting with mobile test automation.
Best practices such as:
• When, what and where to automate?
• Picking the right wait to handle unreliable back-end calls or device performance
• Building testability in a mobile app
• Automating the automation (!)
• Mix and match performance testing and functional testing
In this talk, Fred will bring some real stories (struggles!) and how small changes in process made these mobile apps 10x more reliable!