The Art of the Pitch
November 7, 2016
The 10/20/30 Rule
1.Elevator Pitch (Overview)
3.Solution (Unfair Advs.)
5.Sales & Marketing
10.Status & Milestones
30 Point Font
• WOW one-liner that depicts compelling
proposition (<10 words)
• What, How, Why in seconds not minutes
• Consider using one representative visual and/or
logo (Think Steve Jobs)
1. The Elevator Pitch (Overview)
2. Problem (Opportunity)
• What searing pain do you cure, massive
problem do you solve?
• What great opportunity do you tap?
• How many people/organizations feel this pain
or provide this opportunity?
“We can’t solve problems
by using the same kind of
thinking we used when
we created them.” –
3a. Solution (Unfair Advantages)
• Tell: What and How.
• Advantage #1
• Advantage #2
• Advantage #3
• How do you maintain advantages?
3b. Solution / Magic (Demo)
• Show: What and how.
4. Sales and Marketing
• How, where and why will you roll out?
• How much have you accomplished?
• What is the source of market expertise?
5. Business Model
• 3rd party
• It’s about the Jockey, not the Horse