Full extract (ppt) from the Google Hangout presentation of the Goolge's annual travel study made in collaboration with Ipsos MediaCT.
Here a quick recap of the most important insights:
- 76% of leisure travelers select an OTA for its lower prices and better deals.
- 53% of business travelers select an OTA for its better site tools and options.
- 20% of travelers move to competitors’ sites due to a poor mobile experience.
- 13% of travelers stop using brand altogether due to a poor mobile experience.
- Over 65% of travelers begin researching online before deciding where or how they want to travel.
- Travelers are less loyal to Hotels’ Brand sites & apps and increasingly turn to search engines for online trip planning.
- During the comparing stage of their trip planning is when Travelers rely the most on specific brand names/websites searches and also on price-related terms searches.
View the complete and insightful presentation on: www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vCrnIKm_k