Helpful copywriting tips to help you maximise marketing ROI.
Professional copywriting will help your business:
Create marketing content that your audience values.
Deliver effective, results focused campaigns.
Improve marketing ROI with clearer, more compelling sales stories.
Top tips for
Bill Vallis – The Four Peas
And anyone can draw, too. That doesn’t make
us all ‘graphic designers’.
Great copywriting drives marketing results.
– for example it’s essential to:
• Increase campaign responses, CTR & sales conversion
• Communicate brand value
Still want to rely on your own
copywriting?Read our top tips…
• Create truly valuable content for customers
• Communicate & enhance brand value
• Increase customer engagement (& position your brand)
COPYWRITING TIPS: #1
3. Check corporate brand guidelines
1. Focus on a clear objective
2. Have a written brief & plan your key message(s)
4. Identify & understand your audience
Preparation is key:
Get this bit right and you’ve set the
foundations for copywriting great content.
COPYWRITING TIPS: #2
3. Story signposts – use CTA’s to aid user journey
1. Headline – capture attention (online: think SEO)
2. Intro – your story in a nutshell. Stay relevant
4. Benefits not features (harder than you think)
5. Concise – stylish, exciting, clear. Don’t ramble
6. Sentence length – generally shortish (20 words +/-)
Unleash your inner wordsmith:
Review your own copy as an independent
reader – is it relevant, clear and impactful?
And is there a compelling call to action?
COPYWRITING TIPS: #3
3. Keywords – crucial. Keep it natural: don’t go OTT
1. Personality & tone of voice – express yourself
2. Context – online or offline? DM or brochure?
4. Jargon is a no-no
5. Bring it all together – so copy & graphics integrate
Go beyond grammar:
Get colleagues you trust to read your copywriting
and give honest, constructive feedback.
Listen to suggestions, but don’t write by committee.
THE ACID TEST…
Put yourself in the shoes of your audience and read
your content as an impassive customer.
Does it achieve your original objective?
“Stand in your own queue”
Gü founder James Averdieck
THE FOUR PEAS
CAN HELP YOUR
Create valuable marketing content.
Copywrite results focused campaigns.
Improve your marketing ROI.
T: 01225 447 496
M: 07906 416 445