Read and download the United for Wildlife solutions document that the Duke of Cambridge presented at the ZSL London conference about the International Wildlife Trade.
United for Wildlife has identified the following commitments as its key areas of focus:
• To strengthen site protection on areas that contain target species with the roll out of SMART technology (Spatial Monitoring and Reporting Tool) such as satellite nodes, ground sensors, GPS trackers and drones;
• To reduce the demand of illegal trade products by working with Governments and other organisations, such as marketing experts and youth leaders, to encourage appropriate consumer messaging to those who buy rhino horn, ivory, tiger and pangolin parts and products;
• To engage with the private sector to encourage a 'zero-tolerance' approach towards the illegal wildlife trade. This may include working with businesses that may be unwittingly drawn into the trade chain;
• To support the judiciary and local authorities in their efforts to fight wildlife crime;
• To support local communities, whose livelihoods are directly affected by the illegal wildlife trade.