Question: Do all earthquakes cause damage1?
Most earthquakes cause only minor2 shaking.
Southern California has about 10,000 earthquakes every
year. Some of them are so mild3 that people don’t even
Question: What can I do to be safe in an earthquake?
If you’re in a building in an earthquake, get under a
table or desk and hold onto it. If you’re outside, move to
an open area away from trees, buildings or power lines.
Question: What should I do to keep safe in an earthquake?
The best way to survive4 an earthquake is to take cover
under a sturdy5 table. Get down low and place your hands
over your head. You can even duck down6 in a door frame or
curl up7 next to a couch or bed. Don’t go outside, though.
Many people die from falling debris8.
1. damage (n) 中文:______
definition(定義): injury or harm that reduces value or usefulness
2. minor (adj) 中文:______definition: small and not very important or serious
3. mild (adj) 中文:______definition: gentle, not strong in feeling or behavior
4. survive (v) 中文:______
definition: remain alive after the death of some event
5. sturdy (adj) 中文:______ definition: strongly built
6. duck down(v. phr.) 中文:______
definition: lower your head or body very quickly, especially to avoid being seen or hit
7. curl up (v. phr.)中文:______ definition: to lie or sit with your arms and legs bent close to
8. debris (n) 中文:______ definition: all the pieces that are left after something has been
destroyed in an accident
Teacher Fortuna Lu
Blog: Leo and Fortuna 的英語教學