#FIRMday 15th November 2013 Katharine Robinson - Hacking The FIRM
15 TH NOVEMBER 2013
• Communities often spring up around professions or skills
• Not just when people are looking for a new job
• Great source of passive talent
• Talent that cares about doing a good job
• Talent committed to professional development
THE FIRM AS AN
Pretend that we’re looking to hire an in house recruitment
Maybe start with Google…
We can see a lot of interesting information just from the
Membership is based on strict criteria
TheFIRM runs some awards
We can post a job
• Who is commenting on videos?
• Who is in the videos?
• Even if a YouTube channel looks quite inactive/bare – you
can use it to send a message (useful for individuals’
• If you can’t become a member:
• With a LinkedIn Recruiter licence all group members are
accessible to you.
• Who runs the group?
• If you can join:
Is the group active?
Can you contribute to the discussions or help anyone?
Can you share your jobs into the group?
Remember – you can turn off the emails from LinkedIn
Groups in your settings! Don’t let them put you off joining.
• Use TacticsHR tool to find out who follows The FIRM?
• Who Lists Gary and Emma / What lists are they on?
• Are there any hashtags associated with The FIRM and its
• Monitor those tags with Tagboard.com
• Set up a search to monitor FIRM activity – consider setting
it up as a column in a Social Media dashboard tool like
Hootsuite or Tweetdeck
• Create an events calendar
• Set yourself reminders for industry events
• Monitor events via Twitter and other social networks to
help you find relevant people
• Engage with the event via Social Media
• Consider attending the event if recruiters are allowed
• Consider sponsoring some drinks at an event if the
audience looks particularly relevant
THE FIRM AWARDS
• Interesting people lists – Judges & Winners
• Use Google to site: search and see if there are any names
• Monitor the awards on the night to see who’s there and
• Google for what you want
• Make a list of leads from a website or community page
• Join or Search member of a LinkedIn Group
• Follow or list any Twitter Accounts
• Set up searches to monitor community activity
• Set reminders for upcoming events
• Connect with (and stalk) the community leaders
• Check out anyone in YouTube videos or commenting on
Sourcing Hat Ltd
UK Sourcers Group