Making a Difference "Lives in a Jar". (9.5Meg file. 40 seconds to download for full affect music)
1. Making a Difference a Story of one Person's Love “Lives in a Jar” http://www.slideshare.net/firelight1 Prepared: Varouj Author: unknown (edited) Music: HISHAM “ The Stone & the Rose”
2. This is a true story of an amazing Polish woman by the name of Irena Sendler.
3. Born: February 15, 1910 Warsaw, Poland Died: May 12, 2008 (Age 98) Occupation: Humanitarian Irena Sendler was a Polish Catholic social worker. During World War II Nazi German occupation of Poland, she was a member of the Polish Underground and the Żegota resistance organization in Warsaw. The photo on the right is some of the children she saved during the war (taken 2005).
4. The story takes place during World War II. Irena, got permission to work in the Warsaw Poland in a Ghetto, as a Plumbing/Sewer specialist. But She had an “ ulterior motive ”... She KNEW what the Nazi's plans were for the Jews and other polish citizens.
5. Irena smuggled the children from the ghetto by hiding them in the bottom of her tool box. She also hide the older kids in a burlap sack on back of her truck to rescue them from the ghetto.
6. She had a dog in the back of the truck that she trained to bark when the Nazi soldiers let her in and out of the ghetto . The soldiers of course wanted nothing to do with the dog and the barking covered the kids/infants noise.
7. During her time of doing this, she managed to smuggle out of Warsaw Ghetto and save 2500 children kids/infants. By providing false documents and sheltering them individual or group children’s homes outside the ghetto.
8. She was caught by the Gestapo in 1943, and tortured by the Nazi's they broke both her legs, arms and beat her severely. She was sentence to death but Zegota Resistance saved her by bribing the German guards.
9. Irena kept a record on the names of all the kids she smuggled out by keeping them in a glass jar, buried under a tree in her back yard.
10. After the war, Irena tried to locate any parents that may have survived and reunited the family. Most of course had been killed. Those kids with no parents she helped them get placed into foster family homes or adopted.
11. In 2007 Irena was up for the Nobel Peace Prize ... She was not selected. The Nobel Peace Prize was given to Al Gore, for a slide show on “ Global Warming”
12. The next few slides (three) are not relevant to theme of this presentation but it’s just informational for you to discern and make your own judgment and conclusion.
13. There has been some contention on Al Gore’s Global Warming awareness work if it was related to the stated purpose of the Nobel Peace prize or not. In addition, there is much controversy surrounding his work in the area of Global Warming as well as its real threat to mankind.
14. Recently a UK High Court judge decreed that the government could only send a copy of “ An Inconvenient Truth” to schools only if it was accompanied by guidelines to point out “ Nine Scientific Errors” and to counter Gore’s “one-sided views”. In his film, and called on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.
15. In August 2006, Gore’s electricity bills revealed that in one month he burned through 22,619 kilowatts, more than twice what the average family uses in an entire year. You be the critic on Gore’s hypocrisy. I believe in FACTS “ OUR ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN OUR WORDS”
16. You be the judge the game of politics play with the moral decay of progressive values within our global society in Recognition to the “ Nobel Peace Prize”
17. In this world we live The prize of appreciation doesn't always go to the most deserving!!! The Soul’s who come to serve on this earth make a greater difference in life’s of others.
18. “ You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want” Zig Zigler
19. Thank you for all beautiful genuine soul’s that leave an imprint reminders to mankind as true Children’s of greater God. http://www.slideshare.net/firelight1