In Part 1, we shared key trends to watch and consider as you build your mobile plan for 2014. In this presentation, we'll take a deeper dive to help you develop your company's mobile policy to fully embrace the BYOD trend, enable employees to be productive on any device they choose, and keep corporate data secure.
Ovum analyst, Richard Absalom, outlines Ovum's 6 recommended areas to consider when building a mobility policy:
- Security: Safeguarding corporate-sensitive data
- Employee privacy: Defining clear boundaries between monitoring corporate and personal usage
- Eligibility: Identifying which employees are suitable for your policy
- Acceptable use and dealing with policy violations: Educating users to comply with policy regulations
- Technical support: Determining responsibility for dealing with device malfunctions
- Reimbursement and total cost of ownership: Drawing the line for corporate expenses