Business case : optimizing L'Oréal's mobile application
« Style My Hair » mobile application
Eugène Schueller founded « La Société Française des Teintures Inoffensives
pour Cheveux » in July 1909. Later it became the now famous company L’Oréal.
Today, it is the number one cosmetic group in the world.
L'Oréal Professionnel combines creativity and innovation with famous hair-
stylists, to create the best care and tinting products. L’Oréal increasingly uses
digital products to speak with its clients and to create multiple customized services.
Similar to « L’Oréal Paris Make-up »
launched in 2011, L’Oréal
Professionnel’s team offers innovative
and customized experiences for
The challenge is, to know if the new
mobile application « Style My Hair » has a
good user experience and find areas of
improvements to increase user
L’Oréal’s team decided to run the following user tests:
• Exploratory testing with 40 users.
• 20 testers for the French version and 20 for the English version.
• Our testers had to dowload and explore Style My Hair on their Android
or iOS smartphones.
Feedback approved and analyzedFrench and English
Unique OS/device combination
• The categories where most of the issues are found are: performance (Functionality),
bug (Functionality), ease of use (UX) et level of information (UX).
• Places where most of the issues are found are: Image creation, editorial page and
Based on the results of our two tests, L’Oréal decided to suggest the following
• Improve performance of every device on Android 4.4 and iOS 7.0 or more.
• Fix bugs with hair styles in Image creation.
• Change the home page to simplify acces to the other sections.
• Optimize the ASO (Applications Store Optimization) for easier finding of the
• Give more informations during the initial steps to ease first use
. Change the home page to
simplify acces to the other sections
Recommandation : Give more
informations during the initial
steps to ease first use
Ferpection Predictive Score (user’s grade) rose from 2,8 to 4,0 thanks
“Within 7 days, Ferpection gathered and analyzed more
than 500 users stories. This was the key to optimise our
Style My Hair application and ensure its success from day
Camille Marquet, International Digital Project manager at L’Oréal
Grégoire Devoucoux - Customer Success Manager
+33 6 33 53 81 44
Do you want to see Ferpection
in action ?
Aks us a demo !