• Are links among textual items formed by
words set in underlined blue type. When you
click on it, it takes you to another referent.
• Hypertexts are useful for checking out new
sources while reading a text.
• Hypertexts direct links to related texts,
imagers or another data.
• Hypertext is also called hyperlink or simply
Example of hypertext
• Refers to similar links to those used in the
hypertext but instead os simply linking text to
text, it involves linking sound, and
• It gathers hypertext and multimedia
• As hypertext, hypermedia has lots of
advantages for learners.
Example of hypermedia
• Multimedia tends to feature several media
types such as text, images, sound, video and
• Texts are used to send information to the
• Images: are important for multimedia
projects, it makes the presentation complex
• Audio: provides pleasure of music, special
effects and ambience sounds.
• Video: Gives great impact to the project, its
advantage is that covers lots of information
and is very attractive.
Example of multimedia
Advantages of hypertext, hypermedia
• Overcome limitations of the book on
searching information in an easier and faster
• A hypertext reference can be seen at the same
time as the text we are working on.
• Promotes autonomous language learning
• Teacher centered classrooms can be reduced.
• Great help for young and second language
• Learning can be much more fun, creative and
• Retention, understanding and knowledge will
• Exists a high level of stimulation of the senses
• Great educational tool to use in the classroom