Be the first to like this
SharePoint Knowledge Management: Organizations are slowly waking up to the enormous value that enterprise social knowledge networking can unlock. With the Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and 2013 Collaborative Knowledge Management (CKM) becomes an approach to enable organizational intelligence in the enterprise. Taxonomy is the key: Managed Metadata can drive navigation, discovery and search, relation, and re-usability of content. Managed Metadata provides a common vocabulary for corporate language and can connect people to social networks.
The Layer2 Knowledge Management Suite for Microsoft SharePoint encourage knowledge workers to take advantage of the new SharePoint 2010 and 2013 Collaborative Knowledge Management and Social Networking features by making it as easy as possible to manage terms, to classify content and to use content classification for knowledge browsing, navigation, content discovery and search.
The Layer2 Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint has the following features and benefits:
* 100% based on the Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and 2013 Enterprise Metadata Management API. No external data store or tools.
* Taxonomy Manager: Advanced features to manage the SharePoint Term Store including import, export, update and deployment. Support for several formats including SKOS. Additional managed metadata properties (e.g. classification rules).
* Tag Suggester: While manually tagging items or documents with enterprise metadata a tag suggestion list based on given Term Sets (taxonomies), classification rules, item properties, context and document content is displayed.
* Auto Tagger: Classifies items and documents automatically in background without any user interaction, based on given Term Sets (taxonomies), classification rules, item properties, context and document content. High quality of subject classification using a high performance Microsoft .NET Framework based rule engine. Installed IFilters are used automatically.
* Tag Navigation Web Part: Harvest the value of content classification by using the SharePoint managed metadata taxonomy tree directly for content discovery and navigation. Flexible link building, e.g. link to the Hashtag Profile Page or directly to the Term ID search result list. It optionally displays additional information, e.g. term description. Template-based design.
* Tag Directory Web Part: Renders the SharePoint managed metadata taxonomy tree as flat A-Z term directory index for content discovery and navigation, e.g. as glossary.
Tag Cloud Web Part: Navigate the content by its importance using a familiar taxonomy-based tag cloud.
* Related Content Web Part: Automatically displays related content in a given context using managed metadata based tagging.
* Also available: Business Data List Connector to include almost any external data source in the SharePoint Knowledge Management.
Please visit www.layer2solutions.com for more.