Microsoft Office 365 Document Backup
Features & Benefits
The Layer2 Cloud Connector closes many gaps that still
exists with document backup in Microsoft Office 365:
• The connector offers a general approach for data
migration, backup, integration and synchronization
on-premises-to-cloud but also cloud-to-cloud that
includes structured data (e.g. from databases) and
files (e.g. from local file server, NAS, or SharePoint).
• One tool supports the whole Microsoft Cloud:
Office 365, SharePoint, Office Groups, Microsoft
Teams and others supported for data and file sync.
• Ready to use in minutes: Just create your
connections, manually or by PowerShell.
• Secure connection: The connector runs locally as a
Windows Service on a Windows server or client
inside the corporate network with Internet
connectivity to keep multiple connections in sync.
• No 3rd party involved: No documents are exposed to
any 3rd party or cloud. Direct connections between
local server and Office 365 via SSL/HTTPS.
• Several authentication methods: Microsoft
Account, ADFS federated, local domain, and more.
• Document versioning enabled: The Windows File
History can be used to keep a history of older
versions of Office 365 documents locally.
• Any backup tool can be used: You can apply any
backup software to backup your locally synced
Office 365 files.
• No limitations regarding number of files to backup:
The SharePoint list view threshold issue (>5.000 /
20.000 files) is not an issue anymore.
• Views can optionally be used on the SharePoint side
to select specific document sets for backup.
• Dynamic Columns are supported to add business
logic in C#, if required.
• Document backup is just one option: 100+ more
data sources are supported for codeless data sync.
Licensing & Partner Program
Licensing per local installation. No user CALs required.
One-time fee. No data-volume related costs.
• Free Shareware Edition: Limited to 25 documents.
• Free Evaluation: Limited to 14 days.
• Personal Edition: US$ 499 / 399 € per server.
• Professional Edition: US$ 1.407 / 995 € per server.
• Annual Software Assurance: 20% per year.
• Layer2 Partner Program for VARs and resellers:
15-30% discount on licenses, FREE NFR Edition,
priority support, partner page, lead transfer.
“Brilliant tool, e.g. for replicating local
files to a Sharepoint Online library. The
assistance I received from Layer2 was
outstanding. We are signing up as a
partner and deploying to other clients
using SharePoint Online.”
Melanie Cook, Data Fast Systems Pty. Ltd.
Layer 2 GmbH | Eiffestr. 664b | D-20537 Hamburg | Germany
+49 (0) 40 284112–30 | email@example.com | www.layer2solutions.com/en/products/