Job announcement for the recruitment of a Financial Assistant
Job announcement for the recruitment of a Financial Assistant for
the Cadre Régional de Concertation des Organisations des
Producteurs de Riz de l’Afrique de l'Ouest (CRCOPR/ROPPA)
(Regional Consultation framework of West African Rice Farmers’ Organizations)
Date of announcement: March 01 st 2014
Closing date : March 30th 2014
Title of the position : Financial assistant for the Cadre Régional de Concertation des
Organisations des Producteurs de Riz del’Afrique de l'Ouest (CRCOPR/ROPPA)
Location of the position : Executive Secretariat of the Réseau des Organisations Paysannes et des
Producteurs Agricoles de l’Afrique de l’Ouest (ROPPA/AO) - Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Line manager: Coordinator of CRCOPR/AO
Term: The applicant retained will be recruited on a fixed-term contract for a period of 2 years,
subject to an annual renewal based on the satisfactory evaluation of performance, and funding
Starting date of the job: Monday, May 05th 2014
CRCOPR, created in January 2011 in Bamako, in Mali is a specific organization of ROPPA
on rice sectors in West Africa. It gathers rice farmers’ organizations of countries members
It has as missions:
1. Representation and the defense of rice farmers’ interests at the national and sub-regional
level through national platforms and ROPPA;
2. capacity-building of rice farmers and their organizations regarding policies of rice
development, notably States, industrialists, traders, financial and technical partners and
3. Facilitation of the consultation of rice farmers with the other actors intervening in rice
sectors, notably States, industrialists, traders, technical and financial partners and
4. Promoting the participation of Rice Farmers’ Organizations (RFO) in the design and
implementation of national and regional policies and programmes of rice farmers’
5. Facilitating information, communication and exchanges of experiences between rice
farmers’ organizations at various levels.
CRCOPR has as objectives to:
1. Ensure a specific representation of the rice sector within ROPPA;
2. Address the problems related to the sector at the regional and international level;
3. Give a point of view on all the questions relative to rice sectors ;
4. Ensure the defense of specific interests of rice farmers in the vision of family farms
In order to implement its strategic plan 2012- 2017 CRCOPR envisages recruiting a
The financial assistant is responsible for the bookkeeping, payment and production of financial
documents of the CRCOPR’s technical Unit.
1) Regarding the financial management
• Bookkeeping (banks or cashes) ,
• Preparation of withdrawals requests of funds intended for donors ;
• Preparing all the payments statements.
2) Regarding the accounting management
• Carrying out accounting allocations ;
• Bookkeeping ,
• Classifying evidence documents of expenditures and incomings ;
• Analyzing accounts and substantiating the accounts’ balances ;
• Doing the statements of special accounts conciliations of projects and statements of
banking conciliation ;
• Producing accounting books ; ire les livres comptables,
• Designing financial reports and statements.
3) Regarding the staff management
• Posting deductions from salaries and taxes statements of the personnel and seeing to
the transferring to the services concerned ;
• Posting the centralization of payment. .
4) Regarding the property assets management
• Setting up and carrying out an inventory file of goods on a regular basis ;
• Bookkeeping of assets acquisitions
5) Regarding the production of reports
• Ensuring the design of monthly, quarterly and half-yearly financial reports,
• Participating in the preparation of annual financial reports.
6) Regarding the budgetary management
• Designing budgets of CRCOPR in collaboration with the Coordinator and members
of the Executive Secretariat ;
• Assisting the Coordinator to the centralization of basic budgets (various structures).
• Ensuring the budget execution in collaboration with the Coordinator;
• Analyzing and commenting the differences for a rational decision-making.
7) Regarding the monitoring and control
• Updating accounting entries in the software ;
• Making available all the accounting documents for verification missions ;
• Executing the recommendations of audit and supervision.
8) Other tasks
• Ensuring all the other tasks related to its competence at the request of his line
Qualifications, Experience, Abilities and skills
Having a baccalaureate on finance and accounting ;
Having at least 3 years of relevant professional experiences in the area of financial
and accounting management ;
Abilities to animate a team work ;
Strong knowledge of the computer tool as well as the mastery of a financial and
accounting management software;
Being able to work under pressure;
Mastery of French and English would be an asset ;
Sharing the values and ethics of CRCOPR;
Having a work experience with CSOs and particularly farmers’ organizations in
West Africa would be an asset ;
Excellent relational qualities and team works ;
Passion for learning, sharing and knowledge use;
Being able to work out of working hours and/or week-end on an occasional basis ;
Coming from a country of West Africa;
Requirement of the position
- Having a spirit of initiative and professional confidentiality ;
- Being methodical and rigorous in the files treatment ;
- Being of good morality, discreet and disciplined.
How to apply for?
The applicant interested in this position sends a CV, a letter of motivation and mention to
reference persons, copies of degrees and job certificates by mail to the following address before
March 31 2014
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should send to the Executive Secretary of ROPPA at the latest at 17h00 (local
time/ Burkina Faso) March 30 2014.
Female applications are encouraged.
As resources are limited, only the short-listed applicants will be contacted.