◦ It then became available worldwide for general retail on October 22, 2009.Windows Seven was released for personal computers. It can also be used for business and home laptops, netbooks, desktops, tablet PCs, and media center computers.
• Windows Seven has many new features compared to Windows Vista. It has better boot performance, kernel, and DirectAccess. It also advanced in handwriting and touch recognition. You can use your fingers to open files and folders, browse the internet, and flip photos on touchscreen computers. It also has improved multi-core processors performance and a better virtual hard disks support.
• The Windows Media Center also has a new version. It has better media features, and a Windows Media Center Gadget. Also included are Windows PowerShell and XPS Essentials Pack. It also has an advance calculator.
◦ Windows Seven is faster compared to the later versions of Windows. It has important improvements for performance. It consumes lesser memory. Background services will only run when needed. Programs can run faster, reconnect to wireless internet connections faster, and to sleep and continue quicker.
• Windows Action Center replaced the Windows Security Center in Windows Seven. The Windows Action Center includes both maintenance and security of the computer. Control on security and maintenance messages is much easier. You will be able to turn on and off the Windows Defender’s or User Account Control’s notifications. It will also give you notification if Windows needs some attention.
◦ The task bar also has big changes in Windows Seven. Pinning applications to the taskbar is now easier. Task buttons are incorporated with pinned applications buttons. A jump Lists is also provided to permit simple contact to the same tasks. You can also rearrange the taskbar buttons easily. Aero Peak, the Show desktop icon, makes all windows visible transparently at the desktop.
Click this to minimize and restore all windows. Aero Snap is also a new feature included in Windows Seven. When a window is dragged on top of the screen, it will maximize the window automatically. Drag windows to the left or right corners of the screen will break documents or files on each side of the screen.
◦ Windows Seven also has better connection for wireless networking. On the task bar, a list of available networks will be given. You can just click on one network connection then connect. Windows will remember the network connection so you won’t have trouble connecting again in the future to the same network.
◦ Windows Seven also have better search. Results are grouped by category like documents, music, email, documents, and programs when you type something on the search box. You can also filter your search like date or file type. Use the preview window to look at the contents of the search results.
◦ Internet Explorer 9 is the default browser. It is better features and be able to open you favorite website quickly through its accelerated graphics.◦ http://windows7starter.org/windows-seven/