-Process of making concrete .
1. Collection of Ingredient.
- Collect all the ingredient that is required for making concrete.
Where we should store the ingredient ?
- No moisture will be contact with the ingredient.
2. Batching of ingredient.
-Measuring of ingredient that is required for making concrete.
i )Volume batching
3. Mixing of ingredient .
- The aim of mixing of concrete is to produce homogenous ,
consistent and uniform coloured concrete .
i) Hand mixing
ii) Machine mixing
4. Transporting the concrete.
-Transfer the concrete from the place where it is mixed to the
ii) Wheel barrow
5. Placing of Concrete .
- Process of fill the formwork with the concrete .
6. Compaction of Concrete .
- Reducing the air voids that is present in freshly mixed
concrete at the time of placing & make the concrete dense .
i) Tamping rod .
7. Finishing of concrete .
-Process of levelling , smoothing , compacting of freshly and
recently placed concrete to provide desired appearance .
Method of finishing of concrete .
8. Curing of Concrete .
- The operation of maintaining the temp. of freshly placed
concrete for some definite period after placing the concrete for
Objective of curing .
i) Improve weather resisting quality .
ii) Durability .
iii) Impermeablity .
iv) Reduce shrinkage .
Method of Curing.
i) Sprinkle of water.
ii) Ponding method .
iii) steam method .
iv) Covering concrete surface with wet sack.