How did you use new
media technologies in
the construction and
research planning and
• Media technologies have become very useful when it came to
the construction, research and planning of my final products.
• Without them no one would be able to create successful
• They have enabled me to learn new skills.
• Blogger has been a very vital place for my production of my
product. On there I was able to record and effectively
demonstrate all my work. Presenting my work online has
proven to be more effective as it would allow me to post as I
am going a lot or even do lots of my work on the actual site,
instead of having to go back to a hard copy or a production
• It is great to see the process that I have gone through from the
first day that I have started till the end.
• This came very useful when it came to presenting finding of
my research in a quick and easy way. All of my research
findings would be recorded on PowerPoint and then posted
onto my blog through ‘SlideShare’.
• PowerPointe allowed the audience to easily understand and
follow the development of my researches.
• Using this software has been very essential to my making my
final product successful. This software is filled with various
tools and features which ensure success picture editing which
has been very beneficial for me. Being able to control the
brightness and contrast of my images has helped me to
achieve a smooth and professional finish to the images.
Airbrushing was also very helpful as it ensured that none of
the flaws would turn out too obvious on paper.
• Google has always been a very useful tool/website when it
came to finding appropriate information for my blog process
and the production for my final product.
• It has also helped me to teach myself how to statistically
analyse my research findings and put them into percentage
forms on Excel, by showing me different codes that can be
• It has also helped me gain contact details from the studio that
I wanted to use which I could not have found out anywhere
Facebook and Instagram
• These two social networking sites have helped me in gaining
feedback from all different kinds of people. One way I would
do this is post the images onto these sites and then collect all
the ‘Likes’ and ‘Comments’ my audience would post onto the
pictures. I then statistically analysed them and measured
which theme was the most successful or popular according to
• Facebook has also been very useful when it came to
communicating with my models and artists about the location,
time and date and what they needed to bring with them on
the day of the photo shoot and what I expected them to do.
• Youtube has been useful as it helped me find videos that
focused on the studio part in a photo-shoot which I had little
knowledge about. There were many videos and tutorials
which explained to me how to set my lights, what camera
settings I should use to ensure perfect quality and what lenses
I should consider purchasing. Youtube was filled with a variety
of different videos that focused on many different aspects of
photography and also editing images.
• I have also found several videos that I have taught me how to
direct my models in the photo shoot to ensure that they will
deliver what I need them to deliver on set.
• This was the main technology which was needed in the
creation of my portfolio. It allowed me to capture my work
professionally and efficiently. It helped me to capture my
thoughts and ideas in an appropriate way. I had also learned
various buttons on the camera for future cases in which I may
use my Canon again. I had used studio lights which worked
simultaneously with the camera every time it captured an
image. This was extremely useful and effective.
• This was used to help me record a tutorial on how I edited the
images with my own personal voice over. This was very
efficient as it helped me to bring something new to my blog
and help me gain better marks.