FAISAL SAEED KHAN
Mobile No. 0333-2127853
A highly efficient and competent company secretary with an ability to
ensure that a company complies and operates in accordance with
statutory and legal provisions. Experience of attending meetings with
company shareholders and the board of directors and acting as a point of
communication between them. Well-presented and highly personable,
with a deep knowledge of corporate regulatory and company rules.
Excellent organizational skills, highly efficient and methodical with a good
eye for detail. Keen to find a challenging
secretarial position with a successful and
ambitious company that offers opportunities for
career development and advancement.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
*Administrative processes- *Company regulations- * Compliance strategies-
*Maintaining statutory books- *Personnel administration- *Corporate governance-
ORGANIZATION : PAKISTAN PAPER PRODUCTS LTD (Public Listed Company)
Duration : January 01, 2013 TO DATE
Designation : Company Secretary
• Proper maintenance of Statutory Registers of the company as required under the provisions of the Companies Ordinance.
• Maintain statutory returns / records as per Ordinance, PSX listing requirements and CDC regulations.
• Liaison with advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
• Monitor changes in the regulatory framework and adopt them in organization's protocols.
• Ensured that minutes of all shareholders meetings, board meetings and the meetings of any committees of the directors, or of the
company's audit committee, are properly recorded in accordance with the Companies Ordinance.
• Act in accordance with Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) listing regulations and SECP compliances for arranging of BOD, AGM, &
Director’s Elections etc. and to convene such meetings in order to assure conformity with the legal requirements and to attain a correct
• Implement decisions and policies as resolved or formulated by the board of directors & shareholders.
• Comply legal requirements of the allotment, issuance and transfer of share certificates, mortgages and charges, compiled as per
SECP and PSX regulations.
• Recorded changes in the articles and memorandum of the company and follow all necessary procedure as per Companies Ordinance
and Listing Regulations of the “Exchange”.
• Carry out matters through company official Share Registrar concerned with the allotment & announcement of any bonus shares /
dividends and issuing of share / dividend certificates / warrants including maintenance of statutory Share / Dividend Register and
comply Pakistan Stock Exchange listing and SECP regulations.
• Make arrangement for the accurate payment of the dividend within prescribed period as provided under the provisions of the
• Deal with all correspondence between the company and the shareholders
• Correspond with relevant Govt. organization for the resolution of the matters.
• Coordinate with trade bodies as and when required.
• Keep update Company website as per SECP’s SRO No. 634(I)/2014 and Pakistan Stock Exchange regulations as and when required.
ON LINE FILING
• Responsible to file online various documents/returns with the Registrar / Commission as required under the provision of the
Companies Ordinance 1984.
• Responsible for the E-filing / online filing through PUCARS (Pakistan Unified Corporate Action Reporting System) for complying the
listing regulations of the Exchange.
• Handle all import matters including establishing of L/C, Bank Contract, Advance Payment & Remittances etc.
• For proper implementation of import matters coordinate with Bank on daily basis.
• Online filing EIF through WeBoc system.
Revamp Company’s website in compliance of SECP’s SRO No. 634(I)/2014, alongside update the same with the coordination of IT
Department / web designer as and when required.
In compliance of SECP’s Circular No. 19 of 2004 obtained approval from SECP and Pakistan Stock Exchange (formerly known as Karachi
Stock Exchange) for transmitting of quarterly accounts of the company through website.
ORGANIZATION : PAKISTAN ROMANIA BUSINESS COUNCIL (PRBC)
Duration : January 21, 2012 December 31, 2012
Designation : Secretary General-PRBC
• Convene sub-committee meetings of the Membership, Media & PR, Fairs, Exhibitions & Trade Delegations, Diplomatic Liaising , International
& National Relations Liaising.
• Convene board meetings, issue agenda and record minutes of the meeting.
• Ensure compliance of Memorandum and Article of Association of the Council.
• Offer assistance to the members in relation to obtaining visas and the company set up in Romania.
• Co-ordinate with media for proper coverage of the events organized by PRBC.
• Draft letters in relevance to day-to-day queries.
• Draft speech for the Chairman on occasions.
• Coordinate with various Romanian Chambers for obtaining trade leads, data of Romania companies and other assistance.
ORGANIZATION : KARACHI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
Duration : April 2006 to January 20, 2012
Designation : Deputy Secretary
A. FAIRS, EXHIBITIONS AND TRADE DELEGATIONS SUB-COMMITTEE
• Convene Sub-committee meetings and issue agenda with the consultation of the Chairman of the Committee.
• Record minutes of the Committee.
• Implement resolutions as adopted in the Sub-Committee meetings.
• Draft speech for the Chairman of the Committee.
• Draft press release as and when needed.
• Liaison with Trade Commissions of Pakistan and Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) for organizing Pakistan Pavilion & Single
Country Exhibitions in International exhibitions.
• Coordinate with Commercial Section of Pakistan in destined country.
• Correspond with the government, private organizations and trade bodies regarding Fairs & Exhibitions.
• Provide advice & guidance to the KCCI members regarding participation in international exhibitions.
B. SPECIAL STEERING COMMITTEE “MY KARACHI –OASIS OF HARMONY EXHIBITION
• Organize Steering Committee meetings of My Karachi – Oasis of Harmony Exhibition.
• Prepare and issue agenda of the Committee.
• Record minutes of the meeting.
• Implement resolution of the Steering Committee.
• Coordinate with Public Relations Department for organizing Launching & Inauguration Ceremony of the event.
• Correspond with embassies, consulates, Chambers of Pakistan, Pakistan Foreign Missions abroad, trade bodies matters pertinent to the
• Liaising with clients to determine precise event requirements.
• Draft Post Event Report of the event and submit to the concerned quarters. viz: TDAP.
• Design Media Plan of the event and liaison with electronic and print media to promote event activities.
• Execute marketing plan, and follow up of all promotion of the event.
• Responsible for completing all Merchandise/ Production within strictly given time frame related to the exhibition.
• Co-ordinate with Government viz Municipal Corporations / Towns, and Cantonments etc.
• Draft press releases or briefs in order to gain maximum exposure for the event.
FINANCE AND BUDGET RELATED ACCOUNTABILITIES::
• Coordinate with the accounts department regarding budgeting and financial matters of the event.
• Establish and monitor budgets, and to review administrative procedures and event progress.
C. DIPLOMATIC AFFAIRS SUB-COMMITTEE, KCCI
• Schedule and organize meetings with Foreign Diplomats and
invite them to committee meetings.
• Record minutes of the Sub-Committee.
• Correspond with Foreign Embassies, Consulates and Foreign
Mission regarding matters pertinent to KCCI members.
• Draft Speech for the Chairman.
• Draft press release as and when needed.
D. Other Accountabilities:
• Reads and screens incoming correspondence and reports; makes a preliminary assessment of the importance of materials and organizes
documents; handles some matters personally and forwards appropriate materials to the Office Bearers, Chairman or Secretary General.
• Acts as a liaison between the Karachi Chamber’s Secretariat and the general membership/s by transmitting circulars information etc.
• Plans and coordinates arrangements for professional conferences at KCCI Auditorium.
• Any other responsibility assigned by the President, Senior Vice President, Vice President, Chairman or Secretary General of KCCI.
Successfully organized “Pakistan Pavilion” in Tripoli International Fair 2009 & 2010, the success of the pavilion was warmly appreciated by
the Pakistan High Commission, Tripoli, Libya and also the exhibitors / participants.
Successfully organized “My Karachi Oasis of Harmony” event activities from 2006 to 2011. All happenings of the exhibition were warmly
appreciated by Office Bearers of the Chamber.
Organization : OSAKA EMBROIDERY (EXPORT DEPT)
Duration : July 1998 to Feb 2006
Designation : Accounts Manager
• Prepare Cost Report.
• Prepare &Update Expense and Revenue Report
• Prepare and Update Profit & Loss Statement.
• Prepare Payroll or Salary Statement
• Analyze and Crosscheck approved Budget Limits.
• Prepare & analyzes monthly Progress Chart (Financial and
• Prepare Cost report of the given order. (using MS .Excel)
• Prepare order Closing status (using MS .Excel)
• Negotiate Price with buyers.
• Coordinate with Sample department/development.
• Responsible for collecting receivable amount from clients.
• Compile Sales & other data on Computer. (Microsoft Excel)
Organization : DESTINATION MARKETING SERVICES
Duration : July 1997 to Feb 1998
Designation : Program Manager
• Manage and guide sales team.
• Enhance growth of gross revenue.
• Identify potential clients.
• Conduct training sessions.
• Compile sales & other data on a computer.
ATTEND WORKSHOP / COURSES:
• “Corporate Laws in Changing Environment” organized by
the Employer’s Federation of Pakistan from 10-11 May
• “Marketing & PR and Financial Management” organized by
CIPE (Center for International Private Enterprise) an International
Donor from 12-13 March 2007.
• Certified IT Professional in E-Commerce from Petroman, computer institute
• MsExcel, MsWord, Power Point, MsAccess, MsVisio, Photoshop, FreeHand etc and Social Media websites.
• Excellent communication skills that will help establish coordination between the organization and regulated authorities and members.
• Strong managerial skills that help keep track of the departmental activities and ensure legal compliance.
• Multitasking abilities that allow handling different responsibilities at once.
• Diplomatic approach and ability to maintain cordial relations with all associates.
• Organized, professional and always dedicated to the job.
• Energetic, enthusiastic, proactive, focused with good negotiation skills
• Proactive rather than responsive.
• Masters in Economics : University of Karachi.
• MBA Finance & Accounts : South City University-Karachi.
• Intermediate : Govt. National College-Karachi
• Matriculation : COD(Army) Public School-Karachi
• Marital Status : Married
• Nationality : Pakistani
• Languages : English and Urdu
MR. MAJYD AZIZ (Ex-PRESIDENT KARACHI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY) CELL:0300-8261969
MR. ABDUL MAJID HAJI MUHAMMAD (Ex-PRESIDENT KARACHI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY) 0213-2413216 / 0213-2414782
MR. ABDULLAH ZAKI (Ex-PRESIDENT KARACHI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY) CELL: 0300-8231100