What is Experience & Engagement?
• Every interaction with Fairfax County Government
(regardless of department or method) creates a
personal reaction and memory.
• Each interaction determines resident perceptions
of their government.
• “Team Fairfax” concept is critical – we all work for
the entire government, not just departments.
• It includes everything from
encounters and counters to
emails and envelopes.
• People constantly access us for
services, not just when they need
help on the phone.
• Important because of potential cost savings:
University of Utah research
Happening Around Us
Consolidated, one-stop shops
PTI Citizen Engagement Roadmap
“Citizens do not differentiate contact with an elected official, a call
center representative, or staff in an operational department. They
are all perceived as the city response and the city service.”
▫ Cross-agency committee
▫ 43 recommendations
▫ It’s more about culture and
▫ Report online at
All Areas Are Connected
• County Executive will provide Board of Supervisors
with staffing recommendations.
• Detailed draft work plan with key deliverables and
timeframes will be established.