Storm Pipe Rehabilitation at Cider Barrel Circle and Orr Drive
Cider Barrel Circle & Orr Drive
Storm Sewer Pipe Rehabilitation
Project No. SD-000034
Cider Barrel Circle
The Maintenance and Stormwater Management Division completed a total of 48 linear feet of stormwater
conveyance system pipe replacement for these two projects. The reinforced concrete pipe segments
(RCP) were severely separated at the joints. To extend the service life and minimize further failures of
the storm pipes and nearby ground surfaces, the separated segments were excavated and replaced with
new reinforced concrete pipe segments.
• Excavated and removed the separated 15” RCP.
• Installed new RCP and connected with existing storm sewer system.
• Backfilled and reestablished the disturbed areas, which included resurfacing the trail above the pipe
and seeding common areas.
DPWES Project Team:
• Project Manager: Matthew Adams
• Construction Manager: Qais Bashir
• Project Inspector: Thomas Cameron