should be transparent. Transparency
promotes accountability and provides information for citizens
about what their Government is doing. Information maintained
by the Federal Government is a national asset. My
Administration will take appropriate action, consistent with law and policy,
to disclose information rapidly in forms that the public can readily ﬁnd and
use. Executive departments and agencies should harness new technologies
to put information about their operations and decisions and
readily available to the public. Executive departments and agencies should
feedback to identify information of greatest use to
also solicit public
MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
President Barack Obama
• June 2007. Government Spending (Website)
Bill - Make provision for a website in order to
enable public access to information
• Modeled on Federal Funding Accountability
and Transparency Act of 2006
• The House of Commons vote among MPs
did not reach the quorum of 40
• Try to revitalize the Website spending bill?
• Try to gather the data ourselves?
• Where Does My Money Go (Show Us A
Better Way Idea)?
• Start with the ‘bailout’?
• http://Fedspending.org - OMB Watch spending website
• http://USASpending.gov - Federal Spending website
• http://www.contractormisconduct.org/ - Federal contractor mistrust database
• https://www.fbo.gov/index?cck=1&au=&ck= - Contract for USASpending.gov
• http://Sunlightfoundation.com - Sunlight Foundation
• https://www.fpds.gov/ - Federal Procurement Data system
• http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.php?date=2007-06-29&number=169 - UK Government Spending Website bill
• http://www.showusabetterway.co.uk/call/2008/07/where-does-my-2.html - Where does my money go