The ‘s of 5A
Please call the office, 414-258-4160 in the morning if your child will not be
please send a note to me and pick up your child in the school office.
Battle of the Books
If your child is participating in BOB, a copy of any of the books on the BOB
list is available in 5A for use.
If your child would like to bring a treat to celebrate his/her birthday,
please feel free to do so. Summer birthdays will be celebrated on your child’s half
Five parties have been scheduled for this year.
4. St. Patrick’s Day
5. End of the Year
• Respect the rights and property of yourself, adults, and other
• Solve problems peacefully.
• Dedicate yourself to learning.
Mandatory conferences are scheduled after the first quarter report cards.
You may schedule a conference at any time during the school year if you have any
You can e-mail me at Faheyl@christkingschool.org or leave a message in the
office and I will get back to you.
Refer to the 5A Discipline Plan sheet.
The grading scale is as follows:
A = 100-95 C = 82-80
A- = 94-93 C- = 79-76
B+ = 92-91 D+ = 75-74
B = 90-88 D = 73-72
B- = 87-86 D- = 71-70
C+ = 85-83 U = 69 or below
Grades will be posted on Webgrader approximately once a week. Please check your
child’s progress on a regular basis.
• Homework will be assigned on a daily basis. In some cases, time will be
allotted in the classroom to begin the assignment. There will also be several
projects and/or writing assignments throughout the year that require more
time to complete. For these, I will provide at least a two week written
notice of the assignment before it is due.
• Homework assignments are due at the beginning of each day.
• All homework is to be neat.
• Students are expected to have their names and correct headings on all
• Unfinished class work is to be completed as homework.
• Late homework will result in lower grades. First day-10 points, 5 points daily
• Homework should take about 50 minutes a night. If homework is taking
longer, please consult with me.
There will be progress reports to keep you advised of your child’s progress.
These are provided approximately five weeks after the beginning of each grading
Students should have a novel that they are reading at all times! They should
be reading it whenever they finish their work early and for at least fifteen
minutes each day at home. Students can bring books from home or select a book
from our classroom library or school library. I cannot emphasize enough the
importance of reading!
Please make sure your child has the needed school supplies.
Information will be given on how to check your child’s grades.