Web applications that facilitate interactive information sharing, interoperability, user- centered design, and collaboration on the World Wide Web. Web tools that cater to individual needsregardless of learning diversity and language competence.
“ Malaysian reads anaverage of 8 books per year”-Bernama, 29th May 2010. “ Teenager reads an average of 2300 web pages and 1281 Facebook profiles per year.”-Stanford University, 2009.
And the list keeps growing and expanding as I speak…
Its not about the tools, its using the tools to facilitate learning. - Churches (2009)
THE EXPERTS• Learning should be about sharing information, interacting and engaging the students. -Tapscott & Williams (2010 )• A multiliterate teacher understands the many ways that technology intertwines with academic and interpersonal life and actively learns how to gain control over those aspects. –Stevens (2011)
• Collaborate: They can work with their teacher and friends to construct new knowledge.• Creativity: They can create genuine products , in a wide range and combination of media to high standards.• Authenticity: The people they are communicating with are real and motivating.• Sharing: They can share what they create from each other.
• Initiate Project Based Learning (PBL)• Build PowerPoint Presentation by utilising the still photos taken from the Internet.• Teach students how to search for images online (via Google Image/Yahoo Image Search).• Utilise to search and download relevant videos related to the literary texts.• Make the ppt. available online via
• Online dictionary(http://dictionary.reference.com)• Learn pronunciation online via videos and interactive games.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-GDoVBlVeA• Vocabulary games.http://www.vocabulary.co.il/http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games_vo cab.htm
http://www.billybear4kids.com/• Use free clip arts, stories and pictures.• Generate word search, crossword puzzles and various educational games.• Colourful and user-friendly.• Suitable for primary and lower secondary level.
• Combination of conventional method of poetry & storytelling with digital technology.• Microsoft Movie Maker.• Requirements : Pictures, backgroundmusic & poem/story.• Upload and share online.
• Can be built by the teacher as a learning hub.• Tumblr is a good site to motivate students to conduct digital writing.• An interactive blog where students can conduct autonomous learning.
http://axmag.com• Interactive newsletter/magazine.• 3D effect• Visually appeasing, cost-effective and user- friendly.• Convert PDF to Flash Format.
• An approach which focused on the provision of various resources and contexts for learning which learners could choose according to their needs.-Broady & Kenning (1996)• Promotes autonomous learning & personalised learning environment (PLE)• Students learn at their own discretion.
•Provide free customisable flash templates to beembedded into blogs or websites.•Create free educational games, activities anddiagrams in a Flash!•Can easily be adapted according to students’proficiency levels and learning objectives.
LO: BUILD NEW WORDS BASED ON THEANAGRAM GIVEN.LEVEL : LOWER-INTERMEDIATE