1. Are things recycled in nature?
2. What types of things can be recycled
3. Have you ever heard of carbon? If so, what
WE ARE GOING TO LOOK AT
THE CARBON CYCLE TODAY!!
1. Carbon is the fourth most abundant element in universe
2.Building block of all living things – all life on earth contain
3.CO2 is found in all living organisms
4.Plants use carbon dioxide and water to form simple
Circulation of carbon
element found in
and natural gas.
Photosynthesis dioxide =
= CO2+ H20+
matter by bacteria
releasing it to the
Ecological Importance of Carbon
1. Carbon is needed for life
2. Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas
Carbon is necessary for life, but carbon
dioxide can be harmful
Label the picture:
Carbon in atmosphere, combustion,
photosynthesis, respiration (2) decompositions (2)